CIRCULAR CIR/CFD/DIL/7/2015 October 30, 2015
All Registered Merchant Bankers
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub.: Disclosures in the Abridged Prospectus and Price Information of past issues handled by Merchant Bankers
1. SEBI has prescribed the disclosure requirements in the abridged prospectus in accordance with the provisions of SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009 and the Companies Act, 2013.
2. It has been observed that the abridged prospectus has become voluminous and thereby defeats the very purpose of abridged prospectus. With a view to address the issue, the disclosure requirements in the abridged prospectus have been rationalized in consultation with Investor Associations and market participants. The revised abridged prospectus improves the readability and contains relevant information for the investor to take well informed investment decision. Also, the investor has the option to obtain full prospectus from the market intermediaries associated with the public issue and can also download from the websites of stock exchanges, merchant bankers and SEBI.
3. The revised format of abridged prospectus as per Regulation 58 (1) and Part D of Schedule VIII of SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009, is placed at Annexure I.
4. Further, the format for disclosure of price information of past issues handled by the merchant bankers as specified vide SEBI Circular no. CIR/CFD/DIL/5/2011 dated September 27, 2011, has been revised and is placed at Annexure II. Pursuant to applicability of this Circular, the aforesaid SEBI Circular dated September 27, 2011 shall stand rescinded.
5. This Circular shall be applicable on issues opening for subscription from December 1, 2015 and a copy of abridged prospectus shall be filed with SEBI.
6. This Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11 and Section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 58(1) of SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2009 and Section 33 read with Section 2(1) of the Companies Act, 2013.
7. This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Issues and Listing”.
Deputy General Manager
Enclosed :Circular and Annexure-A