- 1 AADHAAR Number Linking with PAN
- 188.8.131.52 1. What information do I need, to Link Aadhaar in the e-Filing website?
- 184.108.40.206 2. How to Link Aadhaar and PAN in the e-Filing website?
- 220.127.116.11 3. Unable to link Aadhaar as the error states “Identity data Mismatch”
- 18.104.22.168 4. What are the benefits of linking Aadhaar in e-Filing website?
- 22.214.171.124 5. Whose Aadhaar number has to be linked in the Corporate/HUF login?
- 126.96.36.199 6. What is Validity of Aadhaar OTP?
- 188.8.131.52 7. How to check Aadhaar number is linked for HUF/Non-Corporate (Other than Com-pany) users in e-Filing website?
- 184.108.40.206 8. What if user is not getting Aadhaar OTP to registered mobile number?
- 220.127.116.11 9. Is there any option to de-link Aadhaar number in e-Filing Website?
- 18.104.22.168 10. How to check Aadhaar PAN Link Status in e-Filing?
- 1.1 Related Post
AADHAAR Number Linking with PAN
1. What information do I need, to Link Aadhaar in the e-Filing website?
Answer: Valid PAN and AADHAAR. Details such as name, date of birth and gender must match in both.
2. How to Link Aadhaar and PAN in the e-Filing website?
Answer: The taxpayer can link the Aadhaar with PAN through following ways:
|Step 1||Logon to ‘e-Filing’ Portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in|
|Step 2||Go to the ‘Profile Settings’ menu located at upper-right side of the page ⇒ Click ‘Link Aadhaar’|
|Step 3||Details such as Name, Date of Birth and Gender will be auto-filled as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing website.Verify the details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar card.|
|Step 4||If the details match, enter Aadhaar card number and Captcha code and click on the ‘Link now’|
|Step 5||A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.|
|Step 1||Visit the ‘e-Filing’ Portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in|
|Step 2||Go to the ‘Link Aadhaar’ menu located at left side of the page under ‘Services’ column|
|Step 3||Enter the valid ‘PAN’, ‘Aadhaar Number’, ‘Name as per Aadhaar(Avoid Spelling mistakes)’ ⇒ Click ‘Submit’|
|Note:||After verification from UIDAI which is the government website for Aadhaar, the linking will be confirmed.|
In case of Name, Date of Birth or Gender in PAN database does not match with Aadhaar database.
To update your PAN details please contact NSDL
In case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN, then the linking will fail and taxpayer will be prompted to change the name in either Aadhaar or in PAN database.
To update your Aadhaar card details please contact UIDAI at
Answer: Details like your Name, Date of Birth, and Gender as per PAN Database will be validated against the Aadhaar database. If any of these parameters doesn’t match, the message “Identity data Mismatch” will appear and the Aadhaar Number will NOT be linked to your PAN.
To update your PAN details please visit NSDL portal
To update your Aadhaar card details please visit UIDAI portal
Answer: Once Aadhaar-PAN linking is completed, you would be able to
• e-Verify your return/forms and other submission such as refund re-issue, e-Proceeding using Aadhaar OTP.
• Enable e-Filing Vault Higher Security using Aadhaar OTP.
• Reset Password using Aadhaar OTP.
Answer: Aadhaar number of Principal person/Kartha is required to be linked to Corporate/HUF login as they are the persons competent to verify the returns/statements/forms under the Income Tax Act 1961.
6. What is Validity of Aadhaar OTP?
Answer: Validity of Aadhaar OTP is for 15 minutes from the time of its generation and must be used in the same session.
Answer: Login to e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with HUF/Non-corporate login ⇒ Profile Settings ⇒ Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ to view Aadhaar linking status of Karta/Principal contact person.
8. What if user is not getting Aadhaar OTP to registered mobile number?
Answer: UIDAI will send the OTP to mobile number registered with UIDAI for the Aadhaar. Please contact UIDAI Helpdesk 1800-300-1947 in case of any issue.
Answer: There is no option available to de-link Aadhaar number in the e-Filing website.
10. How to check Aadhaar PAN Link Status in e-Filing?
Go to e-Filing Website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in ⇒ Quick Links ⇒ Link Aadhaar ⇒ Enter PAN , Aadhaar number , Name as per Aadhaar and Captcha ⇒ Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’. Message would be populated “Your PAN is already linked to the given Aadhaar Number” if PAN and Aadhaar is already linked.
b. Post Login
Login to e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in ⇒ Profile Settings ⇒ My Profile ⇒ Aadhaar Details