THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART II—SEC. 3(ii)]
MINISTRY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
New Delhi, the 12th May, 2016
S.O. 1758(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (4) of section 10 of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 (No. 30 of 2013), the Central Government, hereby, notifies that the acquisition of agricultural land in aggregate for all projects in a district shall not be more than five per cent. of the net sown area in a district determined for the relevant block of 5 years:
Provided that the net sown area determined for the block 2014-19 shall be that as on 01st January, 2014 and for subsequent blocks as on the first day of the block (e.g. for 2019-24, it shall be the area as on 01 January, 2019 and so on).
Provided further that the area of agricultural land acquired in a particular year shall not exceed 30% of the limit fixed for five-year block.
[F. No. 13011/04/2015-LRD]
HUKUM SINGH MEENA, Jt. Secy.
- Multi-crop irrigated land acquisition not to exceed 1%
- Govt notify Land limit for purchase by Private negotiation under land Acquisition Act
- Govt notify rules for Fair compensation in Land Acquisition
- Draft Rules on Land Acquisition Act
- Market value of vacant land to be taken over by Govt can not exceed compensation amount ; Supreme Court
- ACQUISITION AND TRANSFER OF PROPERTY IN INDIA BY NRI
- Compensation Deposited in the government treasury not equivalent to paid to landowners : Supreme court
- Mere issuance of a notice under Section 35(3) of the Indian Forest Act, 1927 is not sufficient for any land being declared a “private forest” : Supreme Court