Phalguna 20, 1937
March 10, 2016
The Chairman/Managing Director
All State and Central Cooperative Banks
Dear Sir / Madam,
Application of Minimum Capital Adequacy Norms to State and Central Cooperative Banks (StCBs/DCCBs)
Please refer to the circulars RPCD.CO.RF.BC.40/07.38.03/2007-08 dated December 4, 2007 and RPCD.RCB.BC.73/07.51.012/2013-14 dated January 7, 2014 on the captioned subject.
2. On a review of extant instructions on items eligible for inclusion in Tier I and Tier II capital, it has been decided to permit State and Central Cooperative Banks to also include the following items under Tier I capital:
- Contributions received from associate / nominal members where the bye-laws permit allotment of shares to such members and provided there are restrictions on withdrawal of such shares as applicable to regular members.
- Contribution / non-refundable admission fees collected from the nominal and associate members which are held separately as ‘Reserves’ under appropriate head since these are not refundable.
- Outstanding amount in Special Reserve created under Section 36(1) (viii) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 if the bank has created Deferred Tax Liability (DTL) on this Reserve.
3. These instructions are applicable from the financial year commenced from April 1, 2015.
Principal Chief General Manager