International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) is seeking applications for vacancies in the Board
(A) IASB position summary:
The International Accounting Standards Board is the independent standard-setting body of the IFRS Foundation. Members of the Board represent the best available combination of technical accounting skills and experience of relevant international business and market conditions in order to contribute to the development of high quality, global financial reporting standards.
IASB is seeking to appoint three Board Members, two to replace those whose terms come to an end in June 2017, and one new vacancy. In addition, four current Board Members are eligible for re-appointment. If they are willing to serve again, they would receive particular consideration by the Trustees. If not, then additional vacancies will arise. Newly-appointed Board Members will serve an initial five-year term, which may be renewed for a further three years, although in exceptional circumstances Members may be reappointed for up to five years. The roles are full-time and are based in London.
These are senior and prestigious appointments, demanding not only a high degree of technical accounting expertise, but also a high level of understanding of the global economic environment and a commitment to serving the public interest.
- Serve as a member of a collegial body overseen by the Trustees of the IFRS Foundation, contribute to, review and agree new financial reporting standards.
- Provide technical input, advice and guidance to technical staff and act as a sounding board on potential issues.
- Enhance confidence and trust in the standard-setting process by liaising and building relationships with those affected by financial reporting standards.
- Demonstrable and in-depth technical knowledge and experience of international financial reporting, gained possibly as a partner in an international accounting firm, an academic, or a user or preparer of IFRS financial statements.
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking skills combined with a practical and pragmatic mindset and a strong commitment to serving the public interest.
- Team player with personal impact who can work collegially with a range of individuals from across the globe.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to represent the Board effectively and to listen and consider the views of others.
How to Apply:
For further details please visit http://www.ifrs.org/About-us/IASB/Careers/Pages/IASBcareers.aspx.
Please indicate your interest by sending a covering letter and curriculum vitae to Sheila Fraser, Chair of the Nominating Committee, IFRS Foundation, 30 Cannon Street, London EC4M 6XH, United Kingdom or via email to email@example.com.
Applications should be received by 25 November 2016.