CGST Act 2017
CENTRAL GOODS AND SERVICES TAX ACT, 2017
[ Assented by the President of India on 12-4-2017 ]
LEVY AND COLLECTION OF TAX
TIME AND VALUE OF SUPPLY
INPUT TAX CREDIT
18. Availability of credit in special circumstances.
19. Taking input tax credit in respect of inputs and capital goods sent for job-work.
20. Manner of distribution of credit by Input Service Distributor.
21. Manner of recovery of credit distributed in excess.
22. Persons liable for registration.
23. Persons not liable for registration.
24. Compulsory registration in certain cases.
25. Procedure for registration.
26. Deemed registration.
27. Special provisions relating to casual taxable person and non-resident taxable person.
28. Amendment of registration.
29. Cancellation of registration.
30. Revocation of cancellation of registration.
TAX INVOICE, CREDIT AND DEBIT NOTES
ACCOUNTS AND RECORDS
37. Furnishing details of outward supplies.
38. Furnishing details of inward supplies.
39. Furnishing of returns.
40. First return.
41. Claim of input tax credit and provisional acceptance thereof.
42. Matching, reversal and reclaim of input tax credit.
43. Matching, reversal and reclaim of reduction in output tax liability.
44. Annual return.
45. Final return.
PAYMENT OF TAX
60. Provisional assessment.
61. Scrutiny of returns.
62. Assessment of non-filers of returns.
63. Assessment of unregistered persons.
64. Summary assessment in certain special cases.
INSPECTION, SEARCH, SEIZURE AND ARREST
67. Power of inspection, search and seizure.
68. Inspection of goods in movement.
69. Power to arrest.
70. Power to summon persons to give evidence and produce documents.
71. Access to business premises.
DEMANDS AND RECOVERY
73. Determination of tax not paid or short paid or erroneously refunded or input tax credit wrongly availed or utilised for any reason other than fraud or any wilful misstatement or suppression of facts.
74. Determination of tax not paid or short paid or erroneously refunded or input tax credit wrongly availed or utilised by reason of fraud or any wilful misstatement or suppression of facts.
75. General provisions relating to determination of tax.
76. Tax collected but not paid to Government.
77. Tax wrongfully collected and paid to Central Government or State Government.
78. Initiation of recovery proceedings.
79. Recovery of tax.
80. Payment of tax and other amount in instalments.
81. Transfer of property to be void in certain cases.
82. Tax to be first charge on property.
83. Provisional attachment to protect revenue in certain cases.
84. Continuation and validation of certain recovery proceedings.
LIABILITY TO PAY IN CERTAIN CASES
85. Liability in case of transfer of business.
86. Liability of agent and principal.
87. Liability in case of amalgamation or merger of companies.
88. Liability in case of company in liquidation.
89. Liability of directors of private company.
90. Liability of partners of firm to pay tax.
91. Liability of guardians, trustees, etc.
92. Liability of Court of Wards, etc.
93. Special provisions regarding liability to pay tax, interest or penalty in certain cases.
94. Liability in other cases.
99. Appellate Authority for Advance Ruling.
100. Appeal to Appellate Authority.
101. Orders of Appellate Authority.
102. Rectification of advance ruling.
103. Applicability of advance ruling.
104. Advance ruling to be void in certain circumstances.
105. Powers of Authority and Appellate Authority.
106. Procedure of Authority and Appellate Authority.
APPEALS AND REVISION
107. Appeals to Appellate Authority.
108. Powers of Revisional Authority.
109. Constitution of Appellate Tribunal and Benches thereof.
110. President and Members of Appellate Tribunal, their qualification, appointment, conditions of service, etc.
111. Procedure before Appellate Tribunal.
112. Appeals to Appellate Tribunal.
113. Orders of Appellate Tribunal.
114. Financial and administrative powers of President.
115. Interest on refund of amount paid for admission of appeal.
116. Appearance by authorised representative.
117. Appeal to High Court.
118. Appeal to Supreme Court.
119. Sums due to be paid notwithstanding appeal, etc.
OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
122. Penalty for certain offences.
123. Penalty for failure to furnish information return.
124. Fine for failure to furnish statistics.
125. General penalty.
126. General disciplines related to penalty.
127. Power to impose penalty in certain cases.
128. Power to waive penalty or fee or both.
129. Detention, seizure and release of goods and conveyances in transit.
130. Confiscation of goods or conveyances and levy of penalty.
131. Confiscation or penalty not to interfere with other punishments.
132. Punishment for certain offences.
133. Liability of officers and certain other persons.
134. Cognizance of offences.
135. Presumption of culpable mental state.
136. Relevancy of statements under certain circumstances.
137. Offences by companies.
138. Compounding of offences.
143. Job work procedure.
144. Presumption as to documents in certain cases.
145. Admissibility of micro films, facsimile copies of documents and computer printouts as documents and as evidence.
146. Common Portal.
147. Deemed exports.
148. Special procedure for certain processes.
149. Goods and services tax compliance rating.
150. Obligation to furnish information return.
151. Power to collect statistics.
152. Bar on disclosure of information.
153. Taking assistance from an expert.
154. Power to take samples.
155. Burden of proof.
156. Persons deemed to be public servants.
157. Protection of action taken under this Act.
158. Disclosure of information by a public servant.
159. Publication of information in respect of persons in certain cases.
160. Assessment proceedings, etc., not to be invalid on certain grounds.
161. Rectification of errors apparent on the face of record.
162. Bar on jurisdiction of civil courts.
163. Levy of fee.
164. Power of Government to make rules.
165. Power to make regulations.
166. Laying of rules, regulations and notifications.
167. Delegation of powers.
168. Power to issue instructions or directions.
169. Service of notice in certain circumstances.
170. Rounding off of tax, etc.
171. Anti-profiteering measure.
Download CGST Act 2017 in PDF as Notified by Govt of India