Challan for Income Tax Appeal Fees

By | April 5, 2016

 Challan for Paying Income Tax Appeal Fees

If I have to deposit fees for filing appeal , which Challan I should Use?

Income Tax Challan No. 280 (For Payment of Income tax)

Corporate Assessee:- In case you have to deposit appellate fees, copying charges or other miscellaneous payments, tick box 0020, thereafter tick box ‘300 Self Assessment Tax’ under ‘Type of Payment’ and fill up the amount to be paid in ‘Others’ column under ‘Details of Payment’.

Non Corporate Assessee:- In case of non-corporates such as individuals, partnership firms, societies etc. the same procedure is to be followed except that the box 0021 should be ticked at the top of the challan instead of 0020.

Extract From Help File with Form No. 280

1. Please note that to deposit Appeal Fees either Major Head 020 or 021 (depending upon the tax payer’s status) has to be ticked under ‘Tax Applicable’. Followed by this; Minor Head: Self Assessment Tax (300) has to be ticked under ‘Type of Payment’ and the amount is to filled under Others in ‘Details of Payments’.

2. To deposit taxes, appeal fees, etc. in respect of block period cases, enter the first Assessment Year of the block period followed by the last Assessment Year of the period. For example, if the block period is 1/04/85 to 5/3/96, it would be entered as 1986-97 in the space indicated for Assessment Year. If taxes are being deposited, tick the box Self Assessment (300) under Type of Payment and fill up amount under ‘Tax’ while in respect of appeal fees, enter amount under ‘Others’.

Republished with amendments)


One thought on “Challan for Income Tax Appeal Fees

  1. Pingback: E-Filing of Appeals- Extension of time limit - Tax Heal

Leave a Reply