THE GAZETTE OF INDIA: EXTRAORDINARY [PART I—SEC. 1]
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL,
PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 27th April, 2016
RULES F. No. 13018/3/2016-AIS(I).—The rules for a competitive examination—Civil Services Examination—to be held by the Union Public Service Commission in 2016 for the purpose of filling vacancies in the following services/posts are, with the concurrence of the Ministries concerned and the Comptroller and Auditor General of India in respect of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service, published for general information :—
(i) The Indian Administrative Service.
(ii) The Indian Foreign Service.
(iii) The Indian Police Service.
(iv) The Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
(v) The Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise) Gr. “A”.
(vii) The Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(viii) The Indian Revenue Service, (I.T.) Group ‘A’.
(ix) The Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’. (Asstt. Works Manager—Administration).
(x) The Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
(xi) The Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xii) The Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’. (xiii) The Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiv) The Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
(xv) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner, Group ‘A’ in Railway Protection Force.
(xvi) The Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
(xvii) The Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’.
(xviii) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
(xix) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
(xx) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
(xxi) Delhi, Andaman and Nicober Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxii) Delhi, Andaman and Nicober Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiv) Pondicherry Police, Service, Group ‘B’
1. The examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the manner prescribed in Appendix I to these rules. The dates on which and the places at which the Preliminary and Main Examinations will be held shall be fixed by the Commission.
2. (1) A Candidate shall be required to mandatorily indicate order of preferences only for those services participating in the Civil Services Examination for the year, for which he is interested to be allocated to, in the application form for main examination.
(2) In case of recommendation of his name by UPSC for service allocation, the candidate shall be considered for allocation to one of those services by the Government for which he shall indicate his preference subject to fulfilment of other conditions. No change in preferences of services once indicated by a candidate would be permitted.
(3) A candidate who wishes to be considered for Indian Administrative Service or Indian Police Service shall be required to indicate in his application form for the Main Examination his order of preferences for various State cadres for which he would like to be considered for allotment in case he is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or Indian Police Service and no change in preference of cadre once indicated by a candidate would be permitted.
Note 1 : The candidate is advised to be very careful while indicating preferences for various services or posts. In this connection, attention is also invited to clause (i) of rule 19.
Note 2 : The candidates are advised to visit Department of Personnel and Training website www.persmin.nic.in for information or details about service allocation/cadre allotment, service profile.
Note 3 : A candidate who wishes to be considered for Indian Administrative Service or Indian Police Service shall be very careful while indicating preferences for various cadres. The candidate is advised to indicate all the cadres in the order of preference in his Detailed Application form which is to be filled in case of his selection for the Civil Services (Main) Examination. In case he does not give any preference for any cadre it will be assumed that he does not have a specific preference for any cadre.
Note 4 : If he is not allotted to anyone of the cadres for which he has indicated preference, he shall be allotted to any of the remaining cadres in which there are vacancies after allocation of all the candidates who can be allocated to those cadres in accordance with their preferences.
3. The number of vacancies to be filled on the result of the examination will be specified in the Notice issued by the Commission.
Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Download the Complete Notification Civil Services Examination