Ministry of Corporate Affairs
New Delhi, Dated- 30th June, 2016
G.S.R. .—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel) Rules, 2014, namely:
1. (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel) Amendment Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel) Rules, 2014. (hereinafter referred to asthe principal rules),-
(i) in rule 3, the expression “Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Company Secretary and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)” shall be omitted.
3. in rule 5 of the principal rules,‑
(a) in sub-rule (1), “clauses (v), (vi), (vii) and (ix) to (xi)” shall be omitted.
(b) in sub-rule (2),‑
(a) for the words ” the name of every employee of the company, who-“, the words ” the names of the top ten employees in terms of remuneration drawn and the name of every employee, who-” shall be substituted;
(b) in sub-clause (i) for the words “sixty lakh rupees”, the words “one crore and two lakh rupees” shall he substituted;
(c) in sub-clause ( ii) for the words “live lakh rupees per month”, the words ” eight lakh and fifty thousand rupees per month” shall be substituted;
4. For Form MR-1 of the principal rules, the following form shall be substituted, namely.-
[F. No. 1/5 /2013 CL-V]
AMARDEEP SINGH BHATIA, Jt. Secy.
Note: — The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section 3, sub-section (i), vide number G.S.R. 249(E), dated the 31st March, 2014 and subsequently amended vide notification number G.S.R.390(E) dated 09.06.2014.