Customer guide for availing the facility of Mobile Number Portability
Request for porting
I. Contact the new mobile service provider to whom you want to port your mobile number.
II. Obtain Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) & Porting Form.
III. Read the eligibility and other conditions carefully.
IV. If eligible, Obtain ‘Unique Porting Code’ by sending an SMS from the mobile number you want to port to the number ‘1900‘ with text ‘PORT‘ followed by space followed by your 10 digit mobile number you want to port. [As pre-paid SMS is not permitted, in Jammu & Kashmir the subscriber has to dial ‘1900’ to get an UPC, the operator at ‘1900’ provide the UPC after verifying subscriber number with CLI. ]
V. It may be noted that you will receive an auto generated 8 digits Unique Porting Code (UPC) from the Donor operator. The first two characters of the UPC consists of ‘Alphabets’ and remaining 6 digits will be numerical characters except zero.
VI. Fill up the CAF and Porting Form.
VII. Submit the duly filled Porting Form and CAF along with requisite documentary proof to the mobile service provider.
VIII. If you are a post paid subscriber, submit a paid copy of the last bill issued along with Porting Form and CAF.
IX. Obtain new SIM card from the new service provider
X. Service provider may charge porting charge maximum upto – 19/-
You can withdraw your porting request within 24 hrs of applying. However, the porting charge may not be refunded.
Activation of ported number:
XI. Your new mobile service provider will intimate you the date & time of porting on your mobile phone. XII. Change over takes place on the 7th working day (15th working day in case of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East service areas)
XIII. The service disruption time shall be around 2 hrs during night time of the date/time of porting. XIV. Replace the old SIM with the new SIM provided by your new mobile service provider after the specified date and time.
Eligibility and Other Conditions
- You are allowed to move to another mobile service provider only after 90 days of the date of activation of your mobile connection or from the date of last porting of your mobile number, which ever is applicable.
- You are allowed to change mobile service provider within the same service area only.
- If you are a postpaid subscriber, please ensure that you have paid all the dues as per your last bill (You will have to sign an undertaking in the Porting Form also).
- If you are a Pre-paid subscriber, please note that the balance amount of talk time, if any, at the time of porting will lapse.
- If you are a corporate customer please obtain an authorization letter from the authorized signatory and seek simultaneous porting of upto fifty (50) mobile numbers belonging to the same donor operator.
Detailed regulations are accessible in TRAI website www.traigov.in