The State-wise total number of Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) hospitals already set-up and 24 more are proposed to be setup in the country as per enlisted details.
Total number of Insured Persons as on 31.03.2015 is 20344530. Data compilation as on 29.02.2016 has not been finalized.
Medical needs of ESI beneficiaries are adequately addressed at all ESIC hospital. Further, under ESIC 2.0 ESI Corporation has taken a number of reform initiatives to augment and expand ESIC dispensaries and hospitals in the country for the workers and their families.
- To make available electronic health records of patients.
- 24×7 medical helpline
- Evening OPD for senior Citizen & differently abled patients.
- Cancer detection/ treatment facilities.
- Cardiology treatment facilities.
- Dialysis facilities.
- Queue management system and OPD registration through mobile phones.
- Complete immunization facilities.
- Facility of Yoga.
- Telemedicine facilities.
- Ayush facilities.
Further, ESI Corporation has also taken following decisions:
- Establishing ESI hospitals and dispensaries based on geographical necessity.
- Setting up of In-house super specialty services.
- Increasing hospital bed strength by 50%.
- Norms for setting up of one doctor dispensary and Upgradation of dispensaries to 6/30 bedded hospitals.
* Increasing sanctioned strength of ESIC hospitals.
The State-Wise details of number of Hospitals
|Sl. No.||Name of State/UT||Hospital|
|11||Jammu & Kashmir||1|
New Hosptial approved by ESI Corporation
|Sl. No.||Name of State||Place of Hospital|
|10.||Punjab||Lalru, SAS Nagar|
|18.||Sidkul area Haridwar|
|19.||Sidkul area Udham Singh Nagar|
This information given by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, Minister of State (IC) for Labour and Employment, in reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Ministry of Labour & Employment 16-March, 2016