A. Mobile Ticketing App is a very user friendly ticket generating App for buying suburban tickets, which not only takes away the inconvenience of having to wait in a queue to buy ticket but also saves time & energy spent in standing in queue. Currently, in the first phase, the facility is available in the suburban section of Western Railway between Churchgate to Dahanu Road. This facility will be soon extended to the suburban section of Central Railway also.
2) How do I Download the App?
A. If you are having a GPS enabled Android or Windows based Smart Phone, the UTS Mobile Ticketing App can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Windows store respectively, from your mobile. In case, if the UTS Mobile Ticketing App is already downloaded, then the existing users can update this App.
3) What type of phone is required to use the App?
A. In order to download the UTS App, any type of phone having Android or Window based operating system with GPS & internet connection is required.
4) What is the process for “Login” to book tickets through this App?
A. The ticket can be booked by “Login” through following these easy steps:
1. Download & install UTS App on your Smartphone (existing users can update this App)
2. First time users need to “Sign Up” for registration, existing users can “Login” directly using their password.
3. It may be noted that your Mobile no. will serve as the Login (username) 4. Select the city as “MUMBAI”
5. Upon successful registration, Railway Wallet (R-Wallet) will be created automatically with zero balance to the passenger. There will be no extra cost for creating R-Wallet.
6. After Log in using your mobile no., use option “Profile” to see the Railway Wallet (R-Wallet) balance.
5) What options are available to recharge my Railway Wallet (R – Wallet)?
A. You can charge your Railway Wallet (R – Wallet) through website or across the counter.
1. R – Wallet can be recharged at any UTS counter, just by giving your registered Mobile number.
2. R – Wallet can also be recharged through Internet using the website “www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in”
6) How much amount can be recharged in my R – Wallet?
A. You can charge your R-Wallet starting from Rs.100/- (minimum amount) and its multiple, upto Rs.5000/- (maximum amount).
7) What is the minimum balance to be maintained in my R – Wallet?
A. There is no condition of minimum balance. However to book a ticket, amount equivalent to the ticket fare should be available in R – Wallet.
8) What are the steps to book tickets?
A. These simple & easy steps will allow you to book your tickets at the tip of your fingers:
1. Login to the application using your mobile number.
2. Select the Quick Booking (QB) or Normal Booking (NB) menu, as per your choice.
3. Select “FROM” & “TO” stations, “NO. OF ADULT / CHILD”, “SINGLE/RETURN”, “FIRST/SECOND CLASS” to get the fare.
4. Purchase ticket by using the balance in your R-Wallet.
5. After selecting all the options, give “BOOK TICKET” command.
6. The ticket will be seen as an image with “IR Unreserved Ticketing” scrolling as a ticket tape on top.
9) Do I need GPS on my handset?
A. Yes. The tickets can be booked only when your mobile is connected to internet and the GPS is enabled.
10) Do I need continuous internet connections?
A. Internet & GPS connectivity is required only for booking the tickets. However, the ticket image will be available on your mobile even if your internet connection and GPS is not working. And whenever, TTE/TC asks for the journey ticket, you can select “Show Ticket Option” and blow up the ticket with encrypted QR code even if internet connection is not available.
11) Can I book a ticket in closed room?
A. Yes, it is possible to book tickets from a closed room. However, it preferred that the tickets be booked in open spaces, where there are no obstructions as such and the GPS location can be tracked. If GPS signal is not strong enough / accurate, the following message will be received: “GPS signal is low here, please try at open place/ GPS provider is not having high accuracy”.
12) What type of tickets can be booked through UTS mobile App?
A. With this App, it is possible for you to book “SINGLE & RETURN Journey”, “FIRST & SECOND Class” tickets for both “ADULT & CHILD”.
13) Is it available for booking Season Tickets and/or Journey Extension Tickets?
A. At present, the facility for booking Season Tickets and/or Journey Extension Tickets is not available in the App. With this App, it is possible for you to book “SINGLE & RETURN Journey”, “FIRST & SECOND Class” tickets for both “ADULT & CHILD”.
14) Are there any distance restrictions for booking a ticket?
A. Yes, tickets can be booked only if you are 30 meters away from the station and within 02 kms of journey starting/originating station.
15) Why is the need for distance restriction of 30 metres and 2 kms?
A. The concept of distance restriction has been enabled to avoid misuse of the facility by any person; as the ticket may be booked by someone only after spotting a TC/TTE or the ticket may be booked of a shorter distance other than the originating station, since mostly checking is done at destination station only.
16) How does the Mobile Ticketing App work?
A. Mobile Ticketing App works in the following manner:
1. The tickets can be booked only when your mobile is connected to internet and the GPS is enabled.
2. GPS location will be tracked. If GPS signal is not strong enough / accurate, the following message will be received: “GPS signal is low here, please try at open place/ GPS provider is not having high accuracy”. 3. Also, it may be noted that tickets can be booked only if you are 30 meters away from the track and within 02 kms of journey starting station.
17) What if the GPS connectivity is not available at the time of checking by TC/TTE?
A. 1. The ticket image will be available on your mobile even if your internet connection and GPS are not working.
2. Whenever, TTE/TC ask for the journey ticket, you can select “Show Ticket Option” and blow up the ticket with encrypted QR code even if internet connection is not available.
18) What if I am having phone other than Android or Windows?
A. At present, the UTS Mobile Ticketing App is not available for other operating systems such as IOS. But, soon it will be made available therein too.
19) How to download App using Quick Response (QR) code?
A. The UTS App can now also be conveniently downloaded by just scanning the respective Quick Response (QR) code for Android and Windows Phone available here.
20) Do I get any discount on purchase of tickets or bonus at the time of recharging my R-Wallet?
A. No. At present, there is no scheme for providing discount on purchase of tickets from this App or providing extra bonus at the time of recharging the R-Wallet.
21) What are the rules and regulations to be followed in case of Mobile Paperless Ticketing?
A. As in the case of all suburban travel, the journey must commence within one hour from the time of booking of the ticket.
1. If the journey is not commenced within one hour or if the passenger is unable to show the ticket on his mobile for any reason he will be treated as travelling without ticket.
2. Tickets booked in paperless mode cannot be cancelled.
3. If the journey source or destination is not on the nominated section for paperless ticket, then you have to take the print of the ticket from the journey source station.
22) Can I change my handset?
A. Tickets can be booked only with the handset that was used at the time of registration. You cannot login into your account from another handset, which will show the following message – “Please login using registered handset.” In case, if you have changed your handset, then you are required to update the IMEI No. of your new handset by emailing the IMEI No. & Mobile no. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
23) How to surrender R-Wallet?
A. You can surrender your R-Wallet by the following steps: Use option “Profile” to see the Surrender Wallet (SW) option and confirm to “Surrender Wallet”. A code will be generated. Thereafter, you shall approach any UTS counter and provide your registered mobile no. as well as the code generated for refund. The balance in the R-Wallet will be refunded to you, after deducting the clerkage charge of Rs.15/-.
24) Can I change the mobile number and still use the same R-Wallet balance?
A. No. R-Wallet balance is non – transferable. You can either surrender the R –Wallet or you may exhaust the balance by purchasing tickets.
25) Can I book a ticket for C.Rly. station from W.Rly.?
A. Yes, you can book, but as paperless ticket service is not available on Central Railway, you will be required to take a print out through ATVM at originating station.