Fare Fixation Committee for Delhi Metro notified ; to submit report in 3 months
Set up under Sections 33 and 34 of the Metro Railway (Operations and Maintenance) Act, 2002, the Committee has been given three month time from the date of assumption of charge by the Chairperson of the Committee Shri Justice M.L.Mehta, retired Judge of the High Court of Delhi, for submission of its report and recommendations to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (DMRC).
The other members of the fourth FFC are Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Urban Development (Shri Durga Shanker Mishra) and Shri K.K.Sharma, Chief Secretary, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi.
The last Fare Fixation Committee submitted their recommendations on metro fares in 2009.
- All Metros asked to speed up appointment of Independent Directors
- Lucknow Metro gets 450 million Euro loan
- Loan Assistance worth Rs. 5,536 crore to India for Chennai Metro Rail Project (IV) and Ahmedabad Metro Project
- Steps to increase speed of trains
- Modern public toilets in Delhi
- Building Bye-laws Revised for Delhi by Govt
- Govt steps for Safety of Women Passengers in Railways