Establishment of New AIIMS
The Government has cleared the proposal to establish three new AIIMS, at Mangalagiri near Guntur in Andhra Pradesh at the cost of Rs. 1618 crore, Nagpur in Maharashtra at the cost of Rs 1577 crore and Kalyani in West Bengal at the cost of Rs 1754 crore under PradhanMantriSwasthyaSurakshaYojana(PMSSY), involving a total financial implication of Rs 4949 crore.
The establishment of each of the new AIIMS will be completed in a period of 60 months from the zero date ( that is the date of the approval of Government of India ), broadly comprising a Pre-construction phase of 12 months, a Construction phase of 42 months and a Stabilization/Commissioning phase of 6 months.
The capacity of each of these hospitals and other amenities is annexed in the List.
Facilities in each AIIMS under PMSSY
Ø Intake of 100 under-graduate students at each of the Medical College, besides the facilities for imparting PG/doctoral courses in various disciplines.
Ø Provision of Nursing College as a Centre of Excellence for pursuing programme inB.Sc (Nursing) and M.Sc (Nursing) students.
Ø Total bed strength comes to 960 beds, with 42 specialty/super-specialty departments, as below:-
- 500 beds – Hospital
- 300 beds – Specialty/Super-specialty
iii. 100 beds – ICU/Accident Trauma
- 30 beds – AYUSH
- 30 beds – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Ø Details of specialties and super specialties are as under:-
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Dermatology & STD
- Auto-Rhino laryngology (ENT)
- Pathology with Central Lab
- Microbiology & Infectious diseases
- Radio-diagnosis & Imaging
- Transfusion Med. & Blood Bank
- TB & chest
SUPER SPECIALITY DEPARTMENTS
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Endocrinology and Metabolic diseases
- Clinical hematology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Burns and Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary medicine and critical care
- Nuclear Medicine
BASIC SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
- Community Med/Public health
- Forensic Medicine
- Physical Med. & Rehabilitation
- Hospital Administration
The Health Minister, Shri J P Nadda stated this in a written reply in the RajyaSabha here today.