Schemes of Ministry of Culture for propagating and promoting spirit of Culture among Citizens
Special policy for Conservation and Promotion of Culture
The mandate of the Ministry of Culture is to preserve, promote and protect the rich tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the country which it fulfills through its attached, subordinate and autonomous organizations. Ministry of Culture through its attached office i.e. Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is implementing a policy for conservation of centrally protected monuments which stresses upon conservation principles, its approach towards executing preservation, restoration and other works, building craftsmanship in conservation, capacity building, etc. The National Policy of Conservation is being implemented through Archaeological Survey of India’s field offices.
Ministry of Culture implements a number of schemes for propagating and promoting the spirit of culture among citizens of the country. Action is taken as envisaged in the scheme. List of scheme is given below:-
SCHEMES OF MINISTRY OF CULTURE FOR PROPAGATING AND PROMOTING THE SPIRIT OF CULTURE AMONG CITIZENS
1) Performing arts grants scheme
2) Scheme guidelines on Financial Assistance to Cultural Organisations with National presence.
3) Building Grants, including Studio Theater
4) Scheme for Tagore Cultural Complexes
5) Artistes Pension Scheme and Welfare Fund
6) Financial Assistance for Seminars Festivals and Exhibitions on Cultural Subjects by Not- For- Profit Organisations (Cultural Functions Grant Scheme) ((
7) Award of Fellowships to Outstanding Persons in the field of Culture.
8) Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields
9) Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research
10) Scheme for Financial Assistance for Capacity Building and Training of Museum Professionals
11) Museum Grant Scheme
12) Scheme for Financial Assistance for Digitization of Museum Collections.
13) Guidelines for setting up of Science Cities
14) Revised Norms for setting up of Science Centres
15) Grant-in-aid to Voluntary Organizations/Societies for Development and Maintenance of National Memorials
16) Grant in-Aid to Voluntary Organisations Organizing Centenaries / Anniversaries
17) Scheme of Financial Assistance for the Development of Buddhist / Tibetan Culture and Art
18) Scheme of Financial Assistance for the Preservation and Development of Cultural.
Heritage of the Himalayas
19) Scheme for Promoting International Cultural Relations
20) Financial Assistance to Foreign Artists & Cultural Professionals to Study and / or Learn Indian Culture (Intangible Cultural Heritage) in any form
21) Financial Assistance for Participation in International and Domestic Book Fairs and
22) Scheme of Grant-in-aid to Indo-Foreign Friendship Cultural Societies as approved by the Standing Finance Committee.
23) Scheme for “Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage and Diverse Cultural Traditions of India
This information was given by Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge) and Minister of State for Civil Aviation Dr. Mahesh Sharma in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
Source Ministry of Culture 09-March, 2016