Targets Under Sagarmala Project
• Setting up of Sagarmala Cell: Sagarmala Cell was set up on 1st May, 2015
• Formation of Sagarmala Development Company (SDC): Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) meeting for SDC was held on 12th October, 2015. Draft business plan, MoA and AoA for SDC have been prepared.
• Preparation of National Perspective Plan (NPP):The draft NPP has been prepared in February 2016.
• Implementation of Pilot Projects and preparation of Detailed Project Reports (DPR) for the Pilot Projects: Twelve projects have been identified for taking up under Sagarmala in FY15-16 out of which 6 projects have been approved and fund of Rs. 90 Crore has been released in 3 projects. Ten additional projects have been taken up for DPR preparation, 58 road projects and 23 rail connectivity projects have been submitted to Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and Ministry of Railways respectively for consideration.
• Preparation of Detailed Master Plans for the Coastal Economic Zones (CEZs) identified: Perspective Plans for 14 CEZs are under development.
No MoU has been signed with other countries under Sagarmala Project.
Sagarmala institutional framework has been designed to promote co-operative federalism and ensure the involvement of Central Ministries, Governments of maritime states and other stakeholders. As part of the Sagarmala institutional framework, the National Sagarmala Apex Committee (NSAC) was constituted on 13th May, 2015 and its first meeting was held on 5th October, 2015. The Sagarmala Coordination & Steering Committee (SCSC) was constituted on 8th July, 2015 and first meeting was held on 1st October, 2015. The members of this committee is drawn from various Central Ministries and Maritime States. Further, Inter-ministerial working groups have been constituted and meetings held to create the roadmap for implementation of the opportunities identified as part of the Sagarmala Programme.
The above information was given by Minister of State for Shipping Shri Pon Radhakrishnan in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.