GST Registration procedure for existing State VAT Dealers
only State VAT assesses will be required to provide details to the GSTN portal for migration to GST. Other assesses (Service Tax/Excise) will be issued Provisional ID at a later date.
Once the Taxpayer provide their details there will be no need to provide the details again. State-wise Schedule for enrolment:
|Region||Migration Date||End Date|
|North; covering Delhi, UP, UK, Punjab, HP, Rajasthan, Haryana, Chandigarh & Jammu Kashmir||16th December, 2016||31st December, 2016|
|West; covering Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Chattisgarh||14th November, 2016||29th November, 2016|
|East; covering West Bengal, Bihar, MP, Orissa, Jharkhand, NE States||30th November, 2016||15th December, 2016|
|South; covering TN, Kerala, Telangana, AP, Karnataka||1st January, 2017||15th January, 2017|
|Others; covering Puducherry & Sikkim||8th November, 2016||23rd November, 2016|
Steps for GST Enrolment for existing VAT Dealers:
1. Have you received an email/SMS from VAT department for migration to GST? If not, contact the VAT dept.
2. In the Email/SMS, you will find a Provisional ID and Password
3. One Provisional ID will be for all Taxes merging into GST
4. Visit www.gst.gov.in on the appointed date for your state (see point 5 below)
5. Use the Provisional ID and password (as above) to create your Username and Password for accessing the GST portal
6. Before you create the Username and Password, you need to have a Valid Email & Mobile Number
7. You will be sent one OTP on Email and another OTP on Mobile number
8. You will be required to enter these OTPs at the time of creation of Username and Password
9. Login using new Username and Password
10. Kindly fill in the Enrolment Application and provide business details.
11. Attach the specified mandatory documents
12. Verify the auto populated fields from the State VAT system
13. Register the DSC of the primary authorised representative
14. Sign the Enrolment application using DSC
15. Submit the Application
16. Upon submission, system will verify the correctness of the details
17. If details are satisfactory, ARN (Application reference number) will be generated
18. Provisional ID status will change to “Migrated”
20. On 1st April the above Status will become Active and a Provisional Registration certificate will be issued.
21. Within 6 months, the Final RC will be issued to those who have E-signed the completed Enrolment Application and the same is verified by the proper officer
22. Don’t share the above credentials with anyone
FREE GST Video Lectures | Online Free GST Class Videos | Free Online GST Coaching
The Video Lectures on GST are being made available for free of cost. Here is the complete list of 30 GST Video Lectures. These Free GST video Tutorials will help you understand the overall view of the GST and also other critical areas like GST Refunds, Prosecution under GST Law and GST Settlement Commission etc.