- Get Unique Client Code (UCC) allotted.
- Get a copy of KYC and other documents executed.
- Get order of trading of shares executed in his/her Unique Client Code only.
- Get order of trading of shares placed as per terms and conditions agreed to between broker and investor.
- Get best price.
- Get contract note for trades executed.
- Get the details of charges levied.
- Receive funds and securities on time.
- Get shares through auction where delivery is not received.
- Receive statement of accounts from trading member.
- Ask for settlement of accounts.
- Possess a valid contract or purchase/sale note.
- Deliver securities with valid documents and proper signatures.
- Execute Know Your Client (KYC) documents and provide supporting documents.
- Understand the voluntary conditions being agreed with the member.
- Understand the rights given to the Members.
- Read Risk Disclosure Document.
- Understand the product and operational framework and deadlines.
- Pay margins.
- Pay funds and securities for settlement on time.
- Verify details of trades.
- Verify bank account and Depositary Participant (DP) account for funds and securities movement.
- Review contract notes and statement of account.
|Right for redressal against|
- Fraudulent price
- Unfair brokerage
- Delays in receipt of money or shares
- Investor unfriendly companies
Rights to Remedies
- To take up complaint against a member with the Exchange
- To take up complaint against a listed company
- To file arbitration against a member, if there is dispute
- To challenge the arbitration award before a court of law
- To file class action suit against the company.
|The obligation to ensure|
- Payment on time
- Delivery of shares on time
- Despatch of securities for transfer to the company on time
- Securities purchased are received on the Client’s beneficiary account.
- Dealing only with SEBI registered trading members and sub-brokers
Obligation Towards Remedies
- Take up complaints within a reasonable time
- Complaint to be supported by appropriate documents
- Provide additional information when called for
- To participate in dispute resolution meetings
Source : MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS