F.No I87 / 10 / 20 16.ITA.I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, the 25th’ May,2016
Income Declaration Scheme, 2016, introduced vide Finance Act, 2016 (28 of 2016 J, provides an opportunity to persons who have not paid full taxes in the past to come forward and declare their undisclosed income. Rule 4 of the Income Declaration Scheme Rules, 2016 provides that a declaration of income or income in the form of investment in any asset u/s 183 shall be made in the prescribed manner to the Principal Commissioner or the Commissioner who exercises jurisdiction over the declarant.
2. It is, therefore, clarified that the jurisdictional Principal Commissioner or the Commissioner, as the case may be, who exercises jurisdiction u/s 120 of the Income-tax Act, 196 1, as notified by CBDT from time to time over such declarant, shall be the Principal Commissioner or the Commissioner as referred to in section 186 of the Income Declaration Scheme 2016 to whom declaration under 183 of that Scheme is to be made.
Note Notifications of the Government of India, Central Board of Direct Taxes, pertaining to the jurisdiction u/ s 120 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 – Published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-I! Section 3, Sub-section (ii)- S.O. 2752 (E ) dated 22.10.2014, S.O. 2754 (E ) dated 22.10.2014,5.O.2814 (E )dated 03.11.2014,5.O.2885 (E )dated 12.11.2014,5.O.3244 (E ) dated 19.12.2014,5.O.2911 (E) dated 13.11.2014,5.O.2922 (E) dated 15.11.2014, S.O. 2915 (E) dated 13.11.2014, S.O. 3911 (E) dated 16.12.2014, S.O. 355 (E) dated 05.02.2015, S.O. 2812 (D dated 13.10.2015.
Director to the Government of India
- Income Declaration Scheme Rules 2016
- Income Declaration Scheme 2016 Explanatory notes
- Income Declaration 2016 , Declaration & Tax Payment Date Notified
- THE INCOME DECLARATION SCHEME 2016
- Income Declaration Scheme 2016 to open from 1st June 2016
- CBDT asks issues from public on Income Declaration Scheme 2016 & Direct Tax Dispute Resolution Scheme 2016
- THE DIRECT TAX DISPUTE RESOLUTION SCHEME 2016
- Govt proposed scheme to declare undisclosed income by paying 45% tax