Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, 24th June, 2016
The Principal CCsIT (All Stations)
Sir / Madam,
Sub: Monitoring of Income Declaration Scheme, 2016 Awareness Programmes
The , 2016 incorporated as Chapter IX of the Finance Act 2016 has commenced from 1st June, 2016 and shall remain in force for a period of 4 months up to 30th September, 2016. This scheme provides an opportunity to all persons who have not declared income correctly in earlier years to come forward and declare such undisclosed income.
This scheme is an important step to reign in undisclosed income & assets. The Income-tax Department is taking all possible steps to take the scheme to the people through publicity in print/electronic and audio-visual media. Given the importance of the scheme, all Principal CCsIT/CCsIT were directed by the CBDT to publicise the basic information regarding the scheme and to give it wide coverage in their respective areas in the local language.
I am accordingly directed to request that a detailed report on steps taken till date including the number of public meeting held, number of people attended and any other special initiatives taken in this respect may please be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
(Meenakshi J. Goswami)
Commissioner of Income Tax
(Media and Technical Policy)
Official Spokesperson, CBDT.
- Income Declaration Scheme 2016 analysis
- Income Declaration Scheme Rules 2016
- Income Declaration Scheme 2016 Explanatory notes
- FAQ’s on Income Declaration Scheme 2016
- Jurisdiction for making declaration under Income Declaration Scheme 2016
- Form for Declaration under Income Declaration Scheme 2016
- Form 1 efiling steps -Income declaration scheme 2016
- ICAI website for help on Income Declaration Scheme 20162