• SAI Training Centre (STC) at Uday Pratap Inter College at Varanasi
• STC at Vidyadharnagar , Jaipur Rajasthan
• STC at Nagpur
• Special Area Games (SAG) at Dandeli at Karnataka (for Siddi tribes)
• SAG Centre in Kargil, J&K
• SAG Centre at Solal Gaon, North Lakhimpur, Assam
• Regional Centre at Wathora, Nagpur
• 27 new Boys Sports Companies in collaboration with Army, Navy and Indian Air Force
He said, to provide state of the art facilities to sports-persons and to promote sports on single discipline basis, Governing Body of SAI has also approved 13 National Sports Academies in the disciplines of Athletics, Swimming, Cycling, Golf, Boxing, Wrestling, Archery, Shooting, Football, Hockey and Volleyball in collaboration with respective National Sports Federations. SAI has operationalised 05 such Academies in Athletics at Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal, Cycling at Indira Gandhi Stadium, New Delhi, Swimming at Dr SPMPC, New Delhi and Golf at Thiruvananthapuram.
The training of elite athletes preparing for International competitions is carried out mostly in SAI centres spread throughout the country.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha today the Minister said, Presently, 11773 talented sports persons (6626 boys and 5147girls) being trained under the SAI Schemes are provided with the facilities in the form of expert coaches, sports equipment (consumable and non consumable), boarding and lodging, sports kit, competition exposure, educational expenses, medical/ insurance and stipend as per the approved scheme norms.