THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART II—SEC. 3(i)]
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, the 19th May, 2016
G.S.R. 533(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 6A read with sub-section (1) of Section 7 of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952), the Central Government hereby makes the following Scheme further to amend the Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995, namely :—
1. (1) This Scheme may be called the Employees’ Pension (Third Amendment) Scheme, 2016.
(2) It shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995 (hereinafter referred as the principal scheme), in paragraph 12, for the proviso to sub-paragraph (8), the following proviso shall be substituted, namely:—
“Provided that if the member does not take up an employment coverable under this Scheme and has rendered less than ten years eligible service on the date of exit, but dies before attaining the age of fifty-eight years and before a continuous period of thirty-six months has elapsed during which contributions have not been received in respect of the member in the Pension Fund, the amount of contributions received in his case shall be converted into a monthly widow pension or children pension and the widow pension in such cases shall be calculated at the scale laid down in Table ‘C’ and the children pension at 25 per cent thereof for each child (upto two):
Provided further that if there is no widow, then the orphan pension shall be payable at the rate of 75 per cent of the amount which would have been payable as a widow pension subject to the provisions of the paragraph 16.
Provided also that if the member does not take up an employment coverable under this Scheme and has rendered less than ten years eligible service on the date of exit, but dies before attaining the age of fifty-eight years after a continuous period of thirty-six months has elapsed during which contributions have not been received in respect of the member in the Pension Fund, the family shall be entitled to benefits under paragraph 14.”.
MANISH KUMAR GUPTA, Jt. Secy.
Note: The Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995 was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification number G.S.R. 748(E) dated 16th November, 1995 and was lastly amended vide notification number G.S.R. 440(E) dated 25.04.2016.
- FAQ on EPFO Pension Scheme
- PENSION Questions and Answers
- Simplified Pension Claim Form 10D (UAN)
- Minimum Pension under Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS)
- Member can defer the age of drawing pension after 58 years
- TDS on Income from Pension
- New Functionalities released under National Pension System (NPS)
- All about National Pension System and PRAN
- Jeevan Pramaan , Pensioner can now digitally provide Annual Life Certificate
- FAQ’s on National Pension System for retirement planning
- EPFO One Employee-One Account Mission
- Link Multiple PF accounts with Universal Account Number
- Contibution to Pension Fund allowed even if it is not Recognised by Jurisdictional Commissioner
- Know about National Pension System or NPS
- Online Application for Withdrawal under New Pension Scheme
- RBI : Recovery of excess payments made to pensioners
- RBI allows Non Residents to subscribe to National Pension System
- Atal Pension Yojana Amendment
- Now Spouse can contribute under Atal Pension Yojana
- Best Pension Plan : ATAL PENSION YOJANA (APY)
- One Rank One Pension , Govt given Ex facto Approval
- One Rank One Pension Notification issued
- Govt issued Instructions for One Rank One Pension
- Govt approved DA to Center Govt Employee and DR for Pensioners
- Govt clarify Tax Treatment for Provident Fund & National Pension System
- Good News for pension Savings in Budget 2016