The Reserve Bank of India has announced an Art Competition with an objective to identify, recognise and encourage talented budding artists in visual art. Anyone who is a citizen of India and is currently a student of a professional art college can participate in the competition. The Reserve Bank would buy the selected works at a price agreed mutually between the artist and the Reserve Bank.
• The participant can submit a maximum of three works and may be required to present himself/ herself for an interaction with the Reserve Bank;
- The work/s of art must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, intellectual property rights, including trademark or copyright infringement.
- It also must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, pornographic, obscene, offensive, hateful, defamatory, or otherwise unsuitable for display/publication.
- The work of art must not contain religious symbols or representations.
- There is no entry fee for participation in the competition.
The competition will have two phases:
In Phase I, the participants can submit their work/s of art along with the entry form to the nodal office of the Reserve Bank of India. Artists whose entries are shortlisted will be intimated at the address/email given in the entry form.
In Phase II, the artists whose entries are shortlisted in Phase I might be required to submit the original work in person on the date, time and venue indicated.
The Reserve Bank’s Local Arts Committee (LAC) will judge the entries and its decision will be final and binding on the artist.
Submission of entries and last date
The entries may be submitted before August 31, 2016 to:
|For the States of||Zonal Centre||Address|
|Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, New Delhi, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh||New Delhi Office||Reserve Bank of India|
6, Parliament Street,
New Delhi – 110001
|West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa ,States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Kolkata Office||Reserve Bank of India|
15, Netaji Subhas Road,
Kolkata – 700 001
|Goa, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh , Chhattisgarh, Dadra Nagar and Havelli and Diu and Daman||Mumbai Office||Reserve Bank of India|
Shahid Bhagat Singh Road,
Mumbai – 400 001
|Tamil Nadu, Kerala , Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Puducherry and Lakshadweep||Chennai Office||Reserve Bank of India|
Fort Glacis, No. 16,
Chennai – 600 001
Anirudha D. Jadhav
Press Release : 2016-2017/137