Registration Process under 5 Labour Acts to be Integrated with E-Biz Portal tommorrow: Annual Return under Mines Act 1952 and Common ECR for EPFO/ESIC with Shramsuvidha Portal
The Ministry has decided to integrate the registration process under 5 Labour Acts with the e-biz portal of the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) so that various registrations required by a unit can be obtained through a single window. The 5 Central Labour Acts covered in this process are:
• The Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
• The Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
• The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970
• The Building and Other Construction workers (Regulation of Employment & Conditions of Service) Act, 1996
• The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment & Condition of Services) Act, 1979 A a unified Web Portal ‘ShramSuvidha Portal’, launched on 16.10.2014 is already catering to four major Organisations under the Ministry of Labour, namely Office of Chief Labour Commissioner (Central), Directorate General of Mines Safety, Employees’ Provident Fund Organization and Employees’ State Insurance Corporation. The ShramSuvidha Web-Portal activated the facility for allotment of LIN and the Transparent Inspection Scheme and subsequently facility for filing Online Single Annual Return under the 8 Central Acts was launched on 24.04.2015. Now it is to facilitate the returns under the Rules/Regulations under the Mines Act 1952 also on the ShramSuvidha Portal. Further, facility for online submission of Common Electronic Challan–cum-Return (ECR) for Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has been developed on the ShramSuvidha Portal.
This service will reduce the transaction costs of business and make it easy and convenient for employer/establishment to meet their obligations. Thus it will not only be a leap towards better environment for business but also will motivate the informal economy to get formalized.