15 day Swachh Parks campaign gets underway from today
All parks to be rated for cleanliness ; UD Ministry issues guidelines
As a part of fortnightly thematic campaigns under Swachh Bharat Mission, the Ministry of Urban Development has asked States and Union Territories to focus on ensuring sanitation and cleanliness in all the parks in urban areas. Swachh Parks campaign will be taken up during June 1-15, 2016.
Ministry also issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to all States/UTs for ensuring sanitation and hygiene. Based on these SOPs, urban local bodies have been asked to rate all parks in respective cities/towns based on infrastructure availability, maintenance of park premises and equipment and feedback from visitors.
Urban Local Bodies have also been asked to undertake periodic assessment of availability of equipment and cleanliness for correctional interventions.
- World Bank support to Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin)
- Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat Mission of Railways
- Swachh Paryatan Mobile App Launched
- Cleanest city of India is Mysuru as per Swachh Survekshan
- Cenvat credit of any duty not to be utilized for Swachh Bharat Cess
- Accounting code for payment of Swachh Bharat Cess
- Modern public toilets in Delhi
- Time Bound Programme on Reusing Municipal Waste Water
- Cities seek to address water logging problem under Atal Mission
- Work commenced on construction of over 20 lakh toilets
- Solid Waste Management Rules Revised After 16 Years
- Clean My Coach Service Key features
- Railways releases Report on Assessment of Cleanliness Standards at Major Railway Stations
- Government to Double the Income of Farmers by 2022