No Manual/ Amendment/2011/13326 Dated 20.09.2017
The EPFO has notified revised/ new procedure for smooth and hassle free transfer of balance in PF accounts of Members, in the case of change in employment, applicable w.e.f. 20 Sept. 2017, as under:
1. In the wake of recent digital initiatives with the objective of making EPFO a Paperless Organization, the new procedure has been formulated for transfer of accounts of a member on change of employment to facilitate seamless and hassle free service to subscribers.
2. In case the employee already has a UAN, the employer will be required to enter his details through registration of member functionalities on the employer’s portal. Since there have been cases of wrong linking of current employment of member with a UAN that does not pertain to him, it would be necessary that the employer shall provide the following data at this stage:-
a) UAN allotted to him in past
b) Aadhaar No. of the member
c) Name of the member
d) Date of Birth
3. The data thus submitted shall be validated with the information available against the UAN and in case of any discrepancy, the employer would verify/ update the information provided.
4. In case, the earlier UAN was Aadhaar seeded and verified, the declaration by the employer of transfer request made by the employee in Form-11 will trigger an auto-transfer process which will transfer the accumulations against his previous PF ID to the new PF ID. Form No. 13 is not required to be submitted in such cases. An SMS informing the subscriber about the proposed auto-transfer will be sent on his registered mobile number. Auto transfer will be completed only after:-
a) The member does not request to stop the proposed auto-transfer (either online, or through employer or at the nearest EPFO office) within 10 days of said SMS, and
b) The first contribution by the present employer is deposited and reconciled.
5. On actual transfer of the account, communication would be sent to the member by SMS on his mobile number seeded against the UAN and by e-mail, if registered.
6. In case:-
a) the earlier UAN was not seeded with Aadhaar or
b) UAN was Aadhaar seeded but not verified or
c) EPF transfer from or to an exempted establishment the member needs to apply for transfer in Form-13 as the existing procedure for physical transfer would be followed.
7. Failure to furnish Aadhaar will lead to difficulty in transferring of old accumulation into new account and therefore all employers are advised to ensure that the Aadhaar number of transferee is filled in the EPFO portal.