Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
(Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. Of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14- Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi — 110066
Telephone : 01126172668 Fax : 01126105549
No.Coord./40(24)2010/DPG Review Meeting/10215 Dated: 13.07.2016
All Addl. CPFCs (Zones),
All Regional P.F.Commissioners – I & II
In-charge of Regional/Sub Regional Offices.
Subject:- Use of UAN- making it compulsory – Relaxation in the instructions for UAN on claim forms —regarding.
Reference: Circular No. Coord./40(24)2010/DPG/Review meeting dated 17-12-2015. (Sl.No.551 in circulars of 2015-16 in EPFO website )
Reference is invited to the circular cited above wherein instructions were issued in para — 2 of the cited reference that with effect from 1St January, 2016. no claim form was to be accepted unless Universal Account Number (UAN) was mentioned on the claim form.
2. Instances of difficulties being faced by members on account of the instructions have been brought to notice particularly in respect of members who had ceased to be in employment before 01.2014 given the fact that initially UAN was allotted only to members who were subscribers during January, 2014 to June, 2014. There could also be other cases and instances where insisting on the requirement of UAN with the claim form may cause undue hardship to the claimant.
3. The matter has been, accordingly, reconsidered and it has been decided to relax the instructions in partial modification of directions given in the referred circular as given below:-
i. Claim forms may be accepted without UAN if the date of leaving/exit of the member is before 01.01.2014.
ii. In exceptional cases, the officer-in-charge of the Regional/ Sub- Regional Offices may at their discretion based on the merits of the case allow acceptance of claim forms without UAN.
(This issues with the approval of Central Provident Fund Commissioner.)
Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner-I(Compliance)
- Simplified UAN based Pension Claim Form Number 10-D implementation
- EPFO incentive scheme for employers to encourage UAN
- Simplified Pension Claim Form 10D (UAN)
- Facility launched for upfront allotment of UAN to employees