Short term Yoga programmes included in Tourist Visa and e-Tourist Visa
Realizing the spread and importance of yoga world over, the Government has decided to include “attending a short term yoga programme” in the list of permissible activities under Tourist Visa. Besides, the Government has decided to include “attending a short term yoga programme” and “short duration medical treatment under Indian systems of medicine” in the list of permissible activities under e-Tourist Visa.
Presently, a Tourist Visa is granted to a foreigner whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight seeing and casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
All Indian Mission abroad and Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRROs)/ Foreigners Registration Officers (FROs) in the country have been requested to take action as per above amendments.
- Bed and Breakfast Scheme
- Action Plan for Incredible India Bed & Breakfast /Home Stay Scheme
- e Tourist Visa
- E-Tourist Visa Facility of India
- Indian Govt Steps to attract foreign tourists
- Tourism Helpline gaining popularity among Tourists
- Indian Govt steps for safety and security of tourists
- 24×7 toll free Tourist Infoline in 12 International Languages
- Sustainable Tourism Criteria for India