Section 37 CGST Act 2017
[ Section 37 CGST Act 2017 Notified w.e.f 01.07.2017 vide Notification No. 9/2017 – Central Tax Dated 28th June, 2017 ]
Section 37 CGST Act 2017 explains Furnishing details of outward supplies and is covered in Chapter IX – Returns
[Note : CGST Act 2017 also known as CENTRAL GOODS AND SERVICES TAX ACT, 2017 assented by the President of India on 12-4-2017 -An Act to make a provision for levy and collection of tax on intra-State supply of goods or services or both by the Central Government and the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. ]
Furnishing details of outward supplies.
37. (1) Every registered person, other than an Input Service Distributor, a nonresident taxable person and a person paying tax under the provisions of section 10 or section 51 or section 52, shall furnish, electronically, in such form and manner as may be prescribed, the details of outward supplies of goods or services or both effected during a tax period on or before the tenth day of the month succeeding the said tax period and such details shall be communicated to the recipient of the said supplies within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that the registered person shall not be allowed to furnish the details of outward supplies during the period from the eleventh day to the fifteenth day of the month succeeding the tax period:
Provided further that the Commissioner may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, by notification [ Note -1 to 8 ], extend the time limit for furnishing such details for such class of taxable persons as may be specified therein:
Provided also that any extension of time limit notified by the Commissioner of State tax or Commissioner of Union territory tax shall be deemed to be notified by the Commissioner.
(2) Every registered person who has been communicated the details under subsection (3) of section 38 or the details pertaining to inward supplies of Input Service Distributor under sub-section (4) of section 38 , shall either accept or reject the details so communicated, on or before the seventeenth day, but not before the fifteenth day, of the month succeeding the tax period and the details furnished by him under sub-section (1) shall stand amended accordingly.
(3) Any registered person, who has furnished the details under sub-section (1) for any tax period and which have remained unmatched under section 42 or section 43, shall, upon discovery of any error or omission therein, rectify such error or omission in such manner as may be prescribed, and shall pay the tax and interest, if any, in case there is a short payment of tax on account of such error or omission, in the return to be furnished for such tax period:
Provided that no rectification of error or omission in respect of the details furnished under sub-section (1) shall be allowed after furnishing of the return under section 39 for the month of September following the end of the financial year to which such details pertain, or furnishing of the relevant annual return, whichever is earlier.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this Chapter, the expression “details of outward supplies” shall include details of invoices, debit notes, credit notes and revised invoices issued in relation to outward supplies made during any tax period.
8 under second provio to section 38(1) of CGST Rules 2017 : Notification No 44/2018 Central Tax 10th September, 2018 : GSTR 1 due date extended if aggregate turnover above Rs 1.5 crores. from July 2017 to March 2019
7 under second provio to section 38(1) of CGST Rules 2017 : Notification No 32 /2018 Central Tax Dated 10th August, 2018: GSTR-1 Due date for July 2018 to March 2019 if Turnover more than 1.5 Crore
6 . Seeks to prescribe the due dates for furnishing of FORM GSTR-1 for April to June, 2018 for those taxpayers with aggregate turnover of more than Rs. 1.5 crores vide Notification No 18/2018 Central Tax Dated 28th March, 2018
5. Extends the due dates for monthly furnishing of FORM GSTR-1 for taxpayers with aggregate turnover of more than Rs.1.5 crores and defer the date of filing GSTR 2 and GSTR 3 vide Notification No 72/2017 Central Tax Dated 29th December, 2017
- Extension of time period for filing of details of outward supplies in FORM GSTR-1 for months of July and August 2017 vide Notification No 18/2017 Central Tax Dated 08th August, 2017
- Extension of due dates for furnishing details/Returns for the months of July, 2017 and August, 2017 vide Notification No 29/2017 Central Tax dated 5th September, 2017
- Seeks to extend the time limit for filing of GSTR-1, GSTR-2 and GSTR-3 vide Notification No 30/2017 Central Tax Dated 11th September, 2017
- Seeks to extend the due dates for the furnishing of FORM GSTR-1 for those taxpayers with aggregate turnover of more than Rs.1.5 crores vide Notification No 58/2017 Central Tax Dated 15th November, 2017
If you have any comments about Section 37 of CGST Act 2017 , share below your thoughts:
Related Book on GST Act