How to change personal details in Income Tax Return after upload

By | December 28, 2017
(Last Updated On: December 28, 2017)

How to change wrong personal details filled in income tax return. For wrong personal details (i.e. Bank Account, Address, Mobile number and e-mail id) filled inadvertently in the ITR, there is no need to revised the return. Income Tax E-filing website has added a new feature to correct such wrong details.

However, such Any update/change can be made only prior to processing of the return u/s 143(1).

Steps to correct wrong personal details filled in ITR

After upload of the ITR, if any change occurs in taxpayers Bank Account, Address, Mobile number and e-mail id, then taxpayer can update these changes through ‘Change ITR Form Particulars‘.

The taxpayer is required to perform the following steps to change the particulars in the submitted ITR Form:

Step 1Logon to the ‘e-Filing’ Portal
Step 2Go to the ‘My Account’ menu located at upper-left side of the page ⇒ Click ‘Service Request’ ⇒ Select the ‘Request Type’ as ‘New Request’ and Select the ‘Request Category’ as ‘Change ITR Form Particulars’ ⇒ Click ‘Submit’
Step 3Enter ‘Acknowledgement number’ of ITR and provide the nececssary details ⇒ Click ‘Submit’

Related Post

Income Tax Books

Income Tax Press Release

Income Tax Act 1961

Income Tax Forms

Income Tax Rules 1962

Income Tax Notifications

Income Tax Circulars

Income Tax Instructions

Income Tax Office Memorandum

Income Tax Judgments

Income Tax FAQ

Income Tax Video Tutorial

Direct Taxes Ready Reckoner
Service Tax Ready Reckoner
Company Law Ready Reckoner
tax deduction at source
New Books Released on Tax , GST and law

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *