The CBIC has directed its legal cell to defend cases on behalf of National Anti-profiteering Authority under GST before Hon’ble Courts. It has also directed to accept notices on behalf of the authority.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect taxes & Customs)
Wing 5 ‘C’ HUDCO-VISHALA Building
Bhikaji Cama Place, R.K. Puram
New Delhi, the 23rd October’2018
1. All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners
2. All Principal Director Generals/ Director Generals
Sub: Defence on behalf of National Anti-profiteering Authority (GST), New Delhi before Hon’ble Courts -reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the instruction dated 12.10.2017 vide F.No. 275/65/2013-CX.8A (copy available on CBIC website), wherein it was directed that the field formations shall defend the cases on behalf of GST Council and Government standing counsels shall accept the notice on behalf of GST Council.
2. In this regard, the undersigned is directed to request that the Field formations shall henceforth, also defend the cases on behalf of National Antiprofiteering Authority (GST), New Delhi pending before the Hon’ble courts. It is also
requested that the Government Counsels may be directed to accept notices on behalf of the Authority. Further, DG Anti-profiteering may also be kept in the loop with respect to the cases wherein the Authority is made respondent. The Authorized Commissionerates may seek the policy comments directly from the Authority, under intimation to Legal Cell, CBIC.
3. The contents of this instruction may be bought to the notice of field formations under your jurisdiction.
1. Chairman, National Anti-profiteering Authority (GST), New Delhi with respect to his OM dated 17.10.2018 vide F.No. 22011/NAA/33/2018
2. Special Secretary, GST Council, New Delhi for information
3. Additional Secretary (Revenue), Department of Revenue, New Delhi for information
4. Commissioner, Directorate of Legal Affairs, CBIC, New Delhi for information