CBIC to observe Third Refund Fortnight to clear pending refunds
Refunds of GST have been a concern for the Government and Trade for the past several months. In this regard, the CBIC has observed two special drives cum refund fortnights in the Month of March, 2018 (15th to 31st March, 2018) and June, 2018 (31st May to 16th June, 2018) respectively. These refund fortnights have provided a lot of relief to the trade. In the 1st refund fortnight, Rs. 4265 Crore IGST refunds and Rs. 1136 Crore ITC refunds were sanctioned by field formations of CBIC. Similarly, during the 2nd refund fortnight, Rs. 6087 Crore IGST refunds and Rs. 1548 Crore ITC refunds were sanctioned by CBIC. In case of IGST refunds for goods exported out of India, the percentage of amount of refund claims disposed by CBIC is already more than 90%.
However, in order to liquidate pendency further, and to handhold/guide the trade for applying for the refund claims in a proper manner, it has been decided to observe another refund fortnight from 16th July, 2018 to 30th July, 2018. Dedicated refund cells and helpdesks would be provided for exporters to get their refund claims processed, in each Commissionerate.
The exporters and export organizations are requested to take benefit of this opportunity to get their pending refund claims processed. The facility to view reasons for pending IGST refunds have been provided on ICEGATE. As the IGST refund procedure is designed for seamless electronic processing if sufficient and correct details are filed by the exporter, so Export organisations and Export Promotion Councils must come forward to assist exporters in observing the correct procedure to file refund claims and in rectification efforts in the case of errors.
Related Post on GST Refund
- GST Refunds – Analysis
- List of Documents required for GST Refund Processing
- GST Special Refund Fortnight from 31.05.2018 to 14.06.2018 : Press Release 30.05.2018
- No refund of GST Challan payment if wrong GSTIN mentioned
- GST Refund Application (By Embassies/ International Organizations)
- How to file GST Refund Application (By Embassies/ International Organizations) user manual
- GST Refund of Excess amount from Electronic Cash Ledger : FAQ’s
- GST Refund on Export of Goods (With Payment of Tax) : FAQ
- GST Refund of Export of Services (With Payment of Tax)
- GST Refund of ITC paid on Exports without payment of Integrated Tax : FAQs
- GST Refunds Process in India – Analysis after CGST & IGST Act 2017
- How to File GST Refund Manually in India : Steps
- GST Refund of Supplies made to SEZ Unit/ SEZ Developer (Without Payment of Tax)
- GST Refund on Account of Supplies made to SEZ Unit/ SEZ Developer (With Payment of Tax)
- GST Refund of ITC accumulated due to Inverted Tax Structure (RFD-01A)
- GST Refund for Recipient of Deemed Export : FAQs and Process
- GST Refund of Assessment/Provisional assessment/ Appeal/ Any Other Order
- How to file LUT (letter of Undertaking ) online on GST Portal
- How can I view the submitted Letter of Undertaking (LUT) at the GST Portal?
- Filing of Letter of Undertaking for Export of Goods or Services : FAQs