GSTIN Number Format
All of businesses registered under GST will be assigned a unique Goods and Services Tax Identification Number ( GSTIN ) under GST of India.
- The first two digits of GSTN number will represent the state code as per Indian Census 2011
- The next ten digits will be the PAN number of the taxpayer
- The thirteenth digit will be assigned based on the number of registration within a state
- The fourteenth digit will be Z by default
- The last digit will be for check code
A format of proposed GSTIN has been shown in the image below.