MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 29th March, 2018/Chaitra 8, 1940 (Saka)
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 28th March, 2018, and is hereby published for general information:—
THE PAYMENT OF GRATUITY (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2018 NO. 12 OF 2018
[28th March, 2018.]
An Act further to amend the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
Short title and commencement.
1. (1) This Act may be called the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Act, 2018.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. In the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act),
in section 2, for clause (k), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:—
‘(k) “notification” means a notification published in the Official Gazette and the
expression “notified” shall be construed accordingly;’.
3. In section 2A of the principal Act, in sub-section (2), in the Explanation, in clause (iv), for the words “twelve weeks”, the words “such period as may be notified by the Central Government from time to time” shall be substituted.
4. In section 4 of the principal Act, in sub-section (3), for the words “ten lakh rupees”,
the words “such amount as may be notified by the Central Government from time to time”
shall be substituted.
DR. G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India.