Source :Reserve Bank of India
DBR. AML. No.7835/ 14.06.001/ 2015-16
December 15, 2015
The Chairpersons/ CEOs of all Scheduled Commercial Banks/ Regional Rural Banks/ Local Area Banks/ All India Financial Institutions/ all NBFCs/ All Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks /State and Central Co-operative Banks (StCBs / CCBs) /All Payment System Providers/ System Participants and Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers/ All authorised persons including those who are agents of Money Transfer Service Scheme
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Implementation of Section 51-A of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), 1967- Updates to Al-Qaida Sanctions List
Please refer to our circular DBR.AML.No. 7376/14.06.001/2015-16 dated December 2, 2015 on the captioned subject releasing updates issued vide press releases No.12139 dated November 25, 2015 and No. 12144 dated November 30, 2015 relating to deletion/addition pertaining to UNSCR 1267(1999)/ 1989(2011) Committee’s Al Qaida Sanctions List.
2. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), UNP Division has now forwarded press release No.12152 and No. 12153 both dated December 10, 2015 relating to deletion/amendments pertaining to Al Qaida sanction list.
3. A link to updated list of individuals and entities linked to Al Qaida is available at:
4. Regulated Entities (REs) are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, REs should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
5. REs are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular DBOD.AML.BC. No. 44/14.01.001/2009-10 dated September 17, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
6. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 6 of the circular dated September 17, 2009, mentioned above.
7. A link of press releases in which the relevant changes to the list are announced are posted on the UNSC Sanction Committee’s website at the following URL:
Encl.: as above