Important Facts IRS Free File
Millions of Americans use IRS Free File to file your federal taxes. It is safe and free. Taxpayers can use the branded software or Free File Fillable Forms. IRS Free File Combine withdirect deposit () it is the fastest and safest way to get a refund.
Here are five things to remember about IRS Free File:
- Access IRS.gov Free File. IRS Free File is available only through IRS.gov. Taxpayers can choose a company offering Free File for qualifying and then click on that link to prepare and electronically file the return.
- Free File can find tax credits. The question and answer format software tax assistance to eligible taxpayers to find tax exemptions. This could include tax credits like the Earned Income Tax Credit Labor . The software then selects the appropriate tax forms and automatically does the calculations.
- It’s free for everyone. Taxpayers with incomes of $ 66,000 or less can use brand software. Taxpayers who earned more can use Free File Fillable Forms. This option allows taxpayers to complete IRS forms electronically. It is best for those who are familiar with doing your own taxes.
- Present from personal devices. Taxpayers can use their smartphones or tablets to prepare and electronically file their tax returns with the IRS Free File through the application IRS2Go Android and iOS devices or visiting www.IRS.gov/freefile from the device.
- Easy online extensions. For those who can not finish his statement before the deadline of April 17, it is easy to use Free File to request an extension of six months. An extension to file is not an extension to pay. If taxpayers have federal taxes, they must estimate the amount they owe and pay it with the extension request. This helps to avoid penalties and interest.
The IRS is associated with the Free File Alliance and its member companies to provide a dozen tax software options brand at no cost. Many member companies of the Alliance Free File software also offer free state tax preparation.
All taxpayers must keep a copy of your tax return. Taxpayers who use a software product may need your Adjusted Gross Income amount of your tax return the previous year to verify your identity. Taxpayers can get more information on how to verify your identity and electronically sign the tax returns Check your tax return after filing electronically .