IRS Promotes Specialized Online Services during Small Business Week
National Small Business Week for 2017 is April 30 through May 6. During this time, the Internal Revenue Service will promote many online products to help small business owners and those who are self-employed understand their tax responsibilities.
Here are just a few among dozens of useful IRS products in the spotlight for this year’s National Small Business Week:
- Sharing Economy Tax Center. This special webpage provides fast answers to tax questions, as well as links and forms for the sharing economy. People who use one of the many online platforms to engage in this type of business, such as renting a spare bedroom, providing car rides or providing many other goods or services, are involved in the sharing economy. Topics include filing requirements, rules for home rentals and business expenses.
- Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center. Taxpayers will find the Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center to be a great resource for sole proprietors and others who are in business for themselves. This site has many handy tips and references to tax rules a self-employed person may need to know. In addition to many other subjects, taxpayers will find information on:
- How to Make Quarterly Payments.
- Requirements for Information Returns.
- How to File an Annual Return.
- Business Structures.
- Qualified Joint Ventures
- Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center. This online information center features links to a wealth of useful tools, including Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop and common IRS forms with instructions. Find help on everything from how to get an Employer Identification Number online to how to engage with the IRS during an audit. The IRS Tax Calendar for businesses and Self-Employed is a convenient, at-a-glance resource designed to show key tax dates for businesses. Download the Calendar Connector tool to get the dates even when offline.
IRS YouTube Videos:
- IRS Small Business Self-Employed Tax Center – English
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights – English | Spanish | ASL
Share this tip on social media — #IRSTaxTip: IRS Promotes Specialized Online Services during Small Business Week. https://go.usa.gov/x5jxW