- 1 Anti Dumping
- 1.1 I. Anti-Dumping – Meaning and Concept
- 1.2 II. Anti-Dumping Procedure
- 1.3 III. Miscellaneous Matters
- 1.3.1 I. Anti-Dumping – Meaning and Concept
- 1.3.2 Q. 1. What is anti dumping? What is its purpose in International Trade?
- 1.3.3 Q.2. Does dumping mean cheap or low priced imports ?
- 1.3.4 Q.3. Is anti dumping a measure of protection for domestic industry?
- 1.3.5 Q.4. What is the difference between anti dumping duty and Normal Customs duty? Is the anti dumping duty over and above the Normal Customs duty chargeable on the import of an item?
- 1.3.6 Q.5. What are the parameters used to assess dumping of goods from a country?
- 1.3.7 Q. 6. How do you define:
- 1.3.8 Q.7. What are the essential requisites for initiating an anti dumping investigation?
- 1.3.9 Q. 8. What are the parameters of injury to the domestic industry?
- 1.3.10 Q.9. What is the Non-injurious Price and injury margin? How these are worked out?
- 1.3.11 Q.10. How is causal link established between dumping and injury to the domestic industry?
- 1.3.12 Q.11. In case anti dumping duty is warranted after the investigation, what is the extent of such duty to be recommended/imposed?
- 1.3.13 Q.12. What is the minimum level of imports (de-minimis margins) from a country and from an individual exporter below which such exporter or country is to be excluded from the scope of Anti Dumping investigation/duties?
- 1.3.14 Q.13. What is the relief/remedy to the Domestic Industry under the Anti Dumping mechanism. Is it always in the form of Anti-dumping duty?
- 1.3.15 Q.14 What are other remedial measures against unfair trade practices in addition to Anti Dumping? How do they come into operation?
- 1.3.16 Q.15 What is the legal framework for Anti Dumping, Anti Subsidy and safeguard measures?
- 1.3.17 II. Anti-Dumping Procedure
- 1.3.18 Q. 1 What is the institutional arrangement in India for anti dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard action against unfair trade practices?
- 1.3.19 Q. 2 Who can make an application for initiation of Anti Dumping investigation and imposition of AD duty?
- 1.3.20 Q.3 Who are the interested parties to an anti dumping investigation?
- 1.3.21 Q.4 Who all can appear in Anti-dumping cases to represent the parties?
- 1.3.22 Q.5 What are the essential conditions for initiation of Anti Dumping investigation?
- 1.3.23 Q.6 Can the Designated Authority initiate Anti Dumping cases in respect of items suo-motu, i.e. on its own, without a petition filed by the aggrieved party ?
- 1.3.24 Q.7 What is the information required to be submitted by the Domestic Industry for Anti Dumping proceedings?
- 1.3.25 Q.8 What is the period to which the information will relate that is to say what is Period of Investigation in anti-dumping cases?
- 1.3.26 Q.9 What are the various stages of the investigation process?
- 1.3.27 Q.10 Are the interested parties to the investigation given sufficient opportunity to represent their case before the Authority?
- 1.3.28 Q.11 Can there be interim relief to the domestic industry pending levy of final anti dumping duty? In how many days such interim relief can be expected?
- 1.3.29 Q. 12. Can the anti dumping duty be levied on a retrospective basis ?
- 1.3.30 Q.13 Who imposes the Anti Dumping duty, provisional or final?
- 1.3.31 Q.14 What are the implications for the importers who are liable to pay anti-dumping duty? if
- 1.3.32 Q.15 What is the arrangement made to notify the recommendations of the Designated Authority?
- 1.3.33 Q.16 Is the order of determination of anti-dumping duty appealable? If so, which is the appellate Authority?
- 1.3.34 Q.17 Can the Anti-Dumping investigation, once initiated, be terminated? If so, what are the circumstances?
- 1.3.35 Q.18 Are not the Anti Dumping measures injurious to the interests of the consumers?
- 1.3.36 Q.19 What is the period of validity of the Anti Dumping duty imposed? Can such duty, once imposed, be reviewed before and after the expiry of its full term?
- 1.3.37 Q.20 Does the levy of Anti Dumping duty on a particular product extend to all imports of that product? Which imports are exempt from such duty?
- 1.3.38 Q.21 Can the Anti-Dumping and Anti-Subsidy measures be applied simultaneously?
- 1.3.39 Q.1. What is the significance of anti dumping measures in India in the context of lifting of QR?
I. Anti-Dumping – Meaning and Concept
II. Anti-Dumping Procedure
III. Miscellaneous Matters
I. Anti-Dumping – Meaning and Concept
Q. 1. What is anti dumping? What is its purpose in International Trade?