Question : How can IGST be paid ?
Answer: The IGST can be paid by utilizing ITC to the extent available and balance by cash. The use of ITC for
payment of IGST will be done in the following order:
• ITC of IGST shall be used for payment of IGST first;
• Once ITC of IGST is exhausted, the ITC of CGST shall be used;
• If ITC of both IGST and CGST are exhausted, ITC of SGST shall be used.
– Remaining IGST liability shall be discharged in cash. GST System will ensure maintenance of this
hierarchy for payment of IGST using the credit.
• However, IGST on imports has to be paid in cash only.
Related GST FAQ
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|