GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 13/2015-2020
Dated: May 27, 2016
Subject: Single application for filing claim under MEIS for shipments from different EDI Ports.
In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 2.04 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-2020, the Director General of Foreign Trade, hereby notifies the amendments to Handbook of Procedures of FTP 2015-20. These amendments shall come into force with immediate effect.
1. Amendment in Paragraph 3.01(e):
Applicant shall file separate application for each port of export.
Applicant shall file separate application for each port of export in case of Non EDI Shipping bills. In case of EDI shipping bills, the applicant can file a single application containing shipping bills of different EDI ports. Accordingly shipments from different EDI ports will not require separate applications.
2. Amendment in Paragraph 3.08(a) (i):
Duty Credit Scrip (including splits) under MEIS shall be issued with a single port of registration which shall be the port of export.
Duty Credit Scrip (including splits) under MEIS shall be issued with a single port of registration which shall be any one of the EDI ports from where export is made. In case of shipments from Non EDI ports, the Duty Credit Scrip (including splits) under MEIS shall be issued with a single port of registration which shall be the port of export.
3. Amendment in Paragraph 3.16 (b):
Port of registration for EDI enabled ports shall be the port of export. Accordingly separate application shall be filed for each EDI port.
Port of registration for EDI enabled ports shall be any one of the ports from where export is made.
Effect of this Public Notice: The procedure for filing of application under MEIS Scheme for EDI Shipping Bills is simplified. Shipments from different EDI ports will not require separate applications. Accordingly the ANF 3A has been modified as per Annexure to this Public Notice.
Director General of Foreign Trade
[Issued from File No.01/61/180/179/AM16/PC3]
Annexure to Public Notice No.13/2015-20, Dated 27th May 2016
Application Form for Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS)
(Kindly read Paras 3.03 to 3.06 of FTP and Para 3.01 to 3.03 of HBP and other common procedural features applicable to MEIS before filing application)
Please note that separate applications are required to be filed for separate years (AM15, AM16 etc.) based on Let Export date. Shipments from EDI Ports and Non-EDI Ports cannot be clubbed in one application. Shipments from different EDI Ports can be clubbed together in a single application for a given licensing year. Separate application shall be filed for each Non EDI port
2. Application Details:
(i) Export Licensing Year (pl. specify the year in which export has been made, based on Let export date (Para 9.12 of HBP):
(ii) Date of filing of Application:
(iii) Port of Export for this Application:
Note: Applicant to select/feed the details of one shipping bill at a time .A maximum of 50 shipping bills can be filed in one application
3. Details of Export :
4. Number of Split Certificates required (in multiples of ₹ 5 lakhs each):
5. Port of Registration for the purpose of imports. (The port of registration shall one of the ports from which exports have taken place in case of EDI Shipments. In case of Non EDI Shipments, the port of shipment shall be the port from which exports have taken place)
6. DECLARATION / UNDERTAKING
- Landing Certificate shall not required under MEIS
- Marking of tick are mandatory in EDI shipping bills
- Landing Certificates not required w.e.f 04.05.2016
- e-commerce in foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 defined
- Mobile Application for DGFT related services
- Indore SEZ included at Appendix – 1A & Appendix 6J of Appendices and Aayat Niryat Forms
- Inclusion of Regional Office. Joint DGFT. Rajkot in jurisdiction of Committee on Quality Complaint & Trade Dispute