Documents required for Tax exemption section 11(1)(c)
Subject: Part III of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) (Part I – 08.07.2015) for making application for claim of tax exemption u/s 11(1)(c) of the Income-tax Act, in respect of remittance of money/relief articles by Indian NGOs/Charitable Organisations for earthquake hit people in Nepal.
In view of suggestions received from National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) following item is added after Sr. No. (15) in the Annexure 1 to SOP dated 08.07.2015: –
” Amounts and sources of Foreign Contributions received by the entity with year wise breakup of their intended applications outside India. ” The above is in continuation to the SOP prescribed earlier by CBDT on 08.07.2015 and 21.07.2015.
The revised Annexure-I to earlier SOP dated 08.07.2015 is reproduced on the next page for convenience of the applicants.
ANNEXURE -I to the SOP dated 08.07.2015
Document required to be furnished while seeking exemption section 11 (l)( c ) of the Income-tax Act, 1961
1. Certified copies of Trust Deed/Articles of Association & Memorandum of Association (as applicable) : please indicate the specific clause under which the activities proposed to be undertaken in Nepal is covered.
2. Copy of PAN card and jurisdiction where assessed to tax.
3. Copy of order granting registration u/s 12AA of the Income Tax Act
4. Amount in INR and year in which it is proposed to be remitted/incurred. (there should be separate break-up for financial remittances and amounts of relief materials to be send)
5. In case distribution of relief material is proposed, the manner of distribution alongwith requisite details as provided in Para 6 of the SOP.
6. Copies ofthe latest IT Returns alongwith Account Statements
7. Copy of the latest Income-tax Assessment Orders, if any in last five years
8. Details of pending prosecution launched by Income Tax Department, if any
9. Whether in cases of organisation registered under FCRA, 2010, it is desired to transfer foreign contributions received by them (in cash or in kind) to Nepal.
10. Details of any proceeding initiated/pending for violations of FCRA regulations, if any
11. Information/documents as prescribed in paras5 to 9 of the SOP, as applicable.
12. A note on past experience in handling relief work for the disaster affected persons.
13. Sources from which remittances are proposed to be made.
14. A legally val id undertaking from the donor that it shall abide by the criteria prescribed by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Nepal in “National and International Non-Government Aid Mobilization Directory 2015” (enclosed as ANNEXURE-III)
15. Duly filled in and signed copies of Schedule-VII appended to the above mentioned Directory (as applicable)
16. Amounts and sources of Foreign Contributions received by the entity with year wise break-up of their intended applications outside India.
The applicant must give his email-id, phone number, fax number and complete address for correspondence.