- 1 National Agriculture Market
- 1.1 Key features of National Agriculture Market (NAM)
- 1.2 National Agriculture Market Benefits
- 1.3 States Selected for National Agriculture Market
- 1.4 National Agriculture Market Start Date
- 1.5 State wise list of mandis for Pilot launch for National Agriculture Market
- 1.6 List of Commodities to be traded on National Agriculture Market
National Agriculture Market
Key features of National Agriculture Market (NAM)
- Since agri-market reforms are integral to NAM, reforms of State APMC Act, pre condition, has been made for integration with NAM
- 365 mandis from 12 states have been granted approval
- E-trading portal connecting 21 mandis from 8 states is ready for launch.
- E- trading portal will be launched on 125 birth anniversary of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 14th April 2016 by the Hon¡¯ble Prime Minister.
National Agriculture Market Benefits
Union Agriculture and farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh here today brief the media about the launching of National Agriculture Market e-market platform. Shri Singh said that the Government of India approved the National Agriculture Market (NAM) Scheme on 1st July 2015 with the objective to usher much needed agri-marketing reforms in order that farmers produce may fetch the best prices. The scheme was sanctioned with a budget of Rs. 200 crores and with the aim to integrate 585 regulated markets with the common e-market platform by March 2018. Since agri-market reforms are integral to NAM, reforms of State APMC Act in terms of
(a) a single license for trading to be valid across the State,
(b) single point levy of market fee and
(c) provision for electronic auction as a mode for price discovery, has been made a pre condition for integration with NAM.
States Selected for National Agriculture Market
Agriculture and farmers Welfare Minister informed that many States and Union Territories expressed their willingness to join NAM, however, detailed proposals were received from 12 States for integration of 365 mandis. Of these, 21 mandis from 8 States (Gujarat, Telangana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, and Himachal Pradesh) have been selected for the Pilot launch of the NAM e-market platform.
National Agriculture Market Start Date
Shri Singh said that NAM portal will be formally launched on 14th April 2016 by the Hon¡¯ble Prime Minister from Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi between 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM on the 125thbirth anniversary of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar. It will be an electronic launch with the push of a button by the Hon¡¯ble Prime Minister. Other dignitaries invited for the occasion are Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Communications & IT, Shri Mohanbhai K. Kundariya, Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. Other guests include Senior Officers from the Central & State Governments, President¡¯s of CII, FICCI & ASSOCHAM, Farmers from Haryana, Uttar Pradesh & Delhi, etc. Simultaneously in the 21 pilot mandis across 8 States, State dignitaries and VIPs will be present to inaugurate the e-portal for online trading of identified agricultural commodities.
State wise list of mandis for Pilot launch for National Agriculture Market
|2||Botad||Bhavnagar||Chana (Black Gram)|
|9||Rajasthan||Ramganj Mandi||Kota||Chana (Black Gram)|
|10||Madhya Pradesh||Karond, Bhopal||Bhopal||Chana (Black Gram)|
|19||Jharkhand||Pandra, Ranchi||Ranchi||Mahua Flower & Tamarind|
|20||Himachal Pradesh||Fruit Mandi, Solan||Solan||Shelling Peas|
|21||Dhalli, Shimla||Shimla||Shelling Peas|
List of Commodities to be traded on National Agriculture Market