CBDT asks Pr. CIT and Chief CIT to expedite disposal of pending rectification applications
F. No. DGIT (s)-3/AST/Pending Rectifications/92/2015-16/135 Dated 10.08.2015
All the Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-Tax /
Chief Commissioners of Income-Tax
List of pending Rectifications u/s 154 of I.T. Act in demand cases as on 22.07.2015 – reg.
Kindly refer to the subject matter.
2. From time to time, Board has issued directions to the field formations to rectify the cases within time limit as specified in the citizen charter to reduce infructuous demands existing on the System. The directions are aimed at achieving twin objectives of redressal of assessees’ grievances by timely disposal of rectification application as well as reduction of infructuous demand existing on the System.
3. The Region Assessment-year wise statistics of pending Rectification u/s 154 initiated on AST where demand exists as on 22.07.2015, has been extracted from the System. For ready reference Assessment Year wise statistics for the entire country is enclosed as “Annexure-A” and Region and AY wise statistics is enclosed as “Annexure-B’.
4. The exhaustive list containing all the demand cases where Rectification proceeding u/s 154 as on 22.07.2015 are pending, have been extracted and placed on the i-taxnet. The Assessing Officers can download the lists by navigating through the following path on itaxnet
“Resources -> Downloads -> Systems -> Instructions-AST -> List of pending rectifications in demand cases as on 22/07/2015”
5. It is requested that the pending application may be dipposed off expeditiously.
6. This letter may be brought to the knowledge of all BOO officers working in your charge for necessary action.
7, For any system related issue, the officers mgy lodge a complaint at the um. pelpdesk for speedy resolution.
8. This letter is being issued with prior approval of Pr. DGIT(S), New Delhi.
Encl : As Above
V (Ramesh Krishnamurthi)
ADGIT(S)-3, New Delhi