IMPOSITION OF CENTRAL EXCISE DUTY ON JEWELLERY – CONSTITUTION OF SUB-COMMITTEE OF HIGH LEVEL COMMITTEE TO INTERACT WITH TRADE AND INDUSTRY THEREON
CIRCULAR NO.1025/13/2016-CX, DATED 22-4-2016
In continuation to the Circular No. 1021/9/2016-CX dated 21-3-2016, issued vide F. No. 354/25/2016-TRU, the composition of the Sub-Committee referred to therein would be as under:
|(i)||Dr. Ashok Lahiri, Chairman.|
|(ii)||Shri Gautam Ray, Member.|
|(iii)||Shri Rohan Shah, Legal expert [Managing Partner, Economic Laws Practice].|
|(iv)||Shri Manoj Kumar Dwivedi, Joint Secretary [Department of Commerce].|
|(v)||Shri Alok Shukla, Joint Secretary [Tax Research Unit, Central Board of Excise and Customs, Department of Revenue].|
2. Names of the trade representatives in the Sub-Committee would be decided in consultation of with Dr. Ashok Lahiri, Chairman of the Sub-Committee.
3. Terms of reference of the Sub-Committee will include the issues related to compliance procedure for the excise duty, including records to be maintained, operating procedures and any other issues that may be relevant.
4. All associations will be given an opportunity to submit representation before the Sub-Committee in writing and the all India associations to state their case in person.
5. Any further communications with the regard to the aforesaid Sub-Committee may be sent through e-mail to email@example.com or by post addressed to the Office of the High Level Committee (HLC), Suite No. 215, The Janpath Hotel, Janpath Road, Opp. BSNL Building, New Delhi-110 001.
6. Wide publicity may be given to this circular.