Registration process before e-File Statement of Form 15G / 15H
To file the “Statement of Form 15G/15H”, user should hold valid TAN and should be registered as “Tax Deductor & Collector”. If not already registered, he should Go to Register yourself- >Tax Deductor & Collector and complete the registration process.
Steps for Tax Deductor and Collector Registration
- Click on ‘ Register Yourself’ on the homepage of www.Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
3. Provide TAN details.
4. Click ‘Continue’.
5. Provide Password details, PAN details of Principal contact, Contact details- Principal contact’s and Organization’s and Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
7.On successful registration, an e-mail is sent to the registered e-mail ID alongwith the activiation link and the User ID. Click on the Activation link to activate the e-Filing account.
8.LOGIN with the User ID and Password.
E-File Statement of Form 15G / 15H :Filing process
1) Download FORM 15G/15H utility from Downloads page Forms (Other than ITR) FORM 15G/FORM 15H (Consolidated) and prepare the xml zip file.
2) DSC is Mandatory to file FORM 15G/15H.
3) Generate signature for the zip file using DSC Management Utility (available under Downloads)
4) Login through TAN, Go to e-File -> Upload Form 15G/15H.
5) Upload the “Zip” file along with the signature file.
Filing Status of Statement of Form 15G / 15H
To view the status of uploaded file, Go to My account View Form 15G/15H.
Once uploaded the status of the statement shall be “Uploaded”. The uploaded file shall be processed and validated. Upon validation the status shall be either “Accepted” or “Rejected” which will reflect within 24 hours from the time of upload.
Accepted statements shall be sent to CPC-TDS for further processing. In case if “Rejected”, the rejection reason shall be available and the corrected statement can be uploaded.
List of validations of Statement of Form 15G / 15H
Below are the list of validations carried out on the uploaded statements.
Schema validations – uploaded xml should comply with the published schema
Other Business Validations
Only one original will be accepted for combination of TAN, Financial Year, Form and quarter. TAN, Filing Type, Quarter and Financial Year entered in XML should match with the TAN, Quarter, Financial Year and Filing Type in upload screen.
UIN should be unique for the TAN and financial year
Financial year and TAN in the UIN should match with the TAN and Financial Year for which the statement is being uploaded.