Agreement between India and UAE
The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy has said that the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship on 29.4.2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding with National Qualifications Authority of United Arab Emirates (UAE) on cooperation for Skill development and mutual recognition of qualifications. Key areas of cooperation are as below:
- Joint accreditation of training providers catering to trainings aimed at overseas migration from India to the Gulf region.
- Cooperate on knowledge sharing and capacity building support for the national qualifications frameworks of respective parties
- Cooperate in conducting joint studies or pilot research projects on labour market and skills development issues
- Foster cooperation through networking and conferences
- Exchange visits of qualifications framework experts and vocational training instructors and other experts, managers and technical staff.
- Promote access by UAE employers to information and data on qualified Indian workforce supply.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha today the Minister said, No assessment as such under the MoU has been undertaken so far. U.A.E is second single largest destination for workforce migration from India to the Gulf after Saudi Arabia. Mutual recognition of qualifications and sharing data under MoU would facilitate trained and skilled Indian workers to access employment opportunities in UAE.