MINISTRY OF COAL
New Delhi, the 20th October, 2015
G.S.R. 792(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (5) and (6) of Section 9B of the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 (67 of 1957), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules in r/o of coal and lignite and sand for stowing specifying the amount to be paid by holder of a mining lease or a prospecting licence-cum-mining lease, in addition to the royalty, to the District Mineral Foundation of the district established by the concerned State Government by notification, in which the mining operation are carried on, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement.—
(1) These rules may be called as the Mines and Minerals (Contribution to District Mineral Foundation) Rules,2015.
(2) These rules shall be deemed to have come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Amount of contribution to be made to District Mineral Foundation.—Every holder of a mining lease or a prospecting licence-cum-mining lease in respect of coal and lignite and sand for stowing shall, in addition to the royalty, pay to the District Mineral Foundation of the district in which the mining operation are carried on , an amount at the rate of:—
(a) ten per cent of the royalty paid in term of the second schedule to the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 (67 of 1957) (herein referred to as the said Act) in respect of mining lease or , as the case may be, prospecting licence-cum-mining lease granted on or after 12th January, 2015; and
(b) thirty per cent of the royalty paid in term of the Second Schedule to the said Act in respect of mining lease granted before 12th January, 2015.
3. Date from which contribution to be made.—The amount calculated at the rate prescribed in rule 2 shall be paid from the date of notification issued under Section 9 B (1) of the Act by the State Government establishing District Mineral Foundation or the date of coming into force of these rules, whichever is later.
[F. No. 11033/3/2015-CA-II]
R. P. GUPTA, Jt. Secy.
Note :- The Principal rule was published in Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II- Section 3, sub-section (i) vide notification number G.S.R. 715(E) dated 17.09.2015.