Issue of ₹ 2000 banknotes with inset letter ‘R’
Date : Nov 08, 2016
The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue ₹ 2000 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, with the inset letter ‘R’, bearing signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India, and the year of printing ‘2016’ printed on the reverse of the banknote.
The design of these notes to be issued now is similar in all respects to the ₹ 2000 banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series which was notified through Press Release No. 1144 dated November 08, 2016.
The banknotes issued earlier vide Press Release No. 1144 dated November 08, 2016. will continue to be legal tender.
Press Release : 2016-2017/1145
- Video:-PM’s address to Nation on Black Money (Hindi) -Bank Note Rs 500 and 1000 Ban
- Video:-PM’s address to Nation on Black Money (English) 08.11.2016
- Rs 500 / 1000 Notes banned : Text of Indian PM Address to Nation on 08.11.2016
- Withdrawal of ₹ 500 and ₹ 1000 Notes: RBI Notice
- Banks closed on November 9, 2016
- New Rs 500 Bank Notes issued by Reserve Bank of India