MINISTRY OF FINANCE,
ADJUDICATING AUTHORITY UNDER THE PREVENTION OF MONEY-LAUNDERING ACT, 2002,
REGISTRAR (GROUP ‘A’ POST) RECRUITMENT RULES, 2016
NOTIFICATION NO. GSR 161(E) [F.NO.A-12018/10/2010-SO (E.S. CELL)],
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Adjudicating Authority Registrar, Group ‘A’ Recruitment Rules, 2012, except as respects to things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Registrar in the Adjudicating Authority under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, namely:—
Short Title and commencement
1. (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Finance, Adjudicating Authority under the Prevention of Money-laundering Act, 2002, Registrar, (Group ‘A’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. These rules shall apply to the post specified in column (1) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
Number of post, classification, pay band and grade pay or scale of pay
3. The number of post, its classification, pay band and grade pay or the scale of pay attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the aforesaid Schedule.
Method of recruitment, age-limit, educational qualifications etc
4. The method of recruitment to the said post, age limit, educational qualifications and other matters relating thereto, shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
5. No person,—
|(a)||who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or|
|(b)||who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person.|
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post;
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
Power to relax
6. Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7. Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age- limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post||Number of post||Classification||Pay Band and Grade Pay/Pay Scale||Whether selection or non- selection post|
|Registrar||1* *(2016) Subject to variation dependent on workload||General Central Services, Group A Gazetted, Non-ministerial||Pay Band – 3 Rs.15600 – 39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-||Not applicable.|
|Age limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods||In case of recruitment by promotion/deputation/absorption grades from which promotion/ deputation/ absorption to be made|
|By Deputation Including Short Term Contract||Deputation (Including Short Term Contract)
Officers under the Central or State Governments or Union Territories or Public Sector Undertakings or Recognised Research Institutions or Universities or statutory bodies or autonomous bodies or Semi Government Organisations:—
(a)(i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(ii) with two years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the Pay Band-2, Rs. 9300 – 34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4800/- or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; or
(iii) with three years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in the Pay Band-2, Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; or
(iv) with eight years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in the Pay Band-2, Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) possessing the following educational qualification and experience:
Note-1. Period of deputation (Including Short Term Contract) including period of deputation (Including Short Term Contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other Organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (Including Short Term Contract) shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Note-2. For the purpose of appointment on deputation (Including Short Term Contract) basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1.1.2006 or the date from which the revised pay structure based on the 6th Central Pay Commission recommendations has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale extended based on the recommendations of the Pay Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the posts for which that grade pay or pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any upgradation.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
|Not applicable.||Consultation with Union Public Service Commission necessary while appointing an officer on deputation (including short term contract).|