Section 164 CGST Act 2017
[ Section 164 CGST Act 2017 Notified w.e.f 22.06.2017 vide Notification No. 1/2017 – Central Tax Dated 19.06.2017 ]
Section 164 CGST Act 2017 explains Power of Government to make rules. and is covered in CHAPTER XXI MISCELLANEOUS
[Note : CGST Act 2017 also known as CENTRAL GOODS AND SERVICES TAX ACT, 2017 assented by the President of India on 12-4-2017 -An Act to make a provision for levy and collection of tax on intra-State supply of goods or services or both by the Central Government and the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. ]
Power of Government to make rules.
164. (1) The Government may, on the recommendations of the Council, by notification [ Note -1 ], make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1), the Government may make rules for all or any of the matters which by this Act are required to be, or may be, prescribed or in respect of which provisions are to be or may be made by rules.
(3) The power to make rules conferred by this section shall include the power to give retrospective effect to the rules or any of them from a date not earlier than the date on which the provisions of this Act come into force.
(4) Any rules made under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) may provide that a contravention thereof shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding ten thousand rupees.
2. Notifies the date from which E-Way Bill Rules shall come into force vide Notification No 74/2017 Central Tax Dated 29th December, 2017
1 CGST Rules
- CGST Rules 2017 ; Notification No. 3 /2017 ; Central Tax , Dtd 19th June, 2017
- CGST First Amendement Rules 2017 : Notification No. 7/2017 – Central Tax Dtd 27th June, 2017
- CGST second Amendment Rules 2017 ; Notification No. 10/2017 – Central Tax Dated 28th June, 2017
- CGST Third Amendment Rules 2017 ; Notification No. 15/2017 – Central Tax Dated 1st July, 2017
- CGST Fifth Amendment Rules, 2017. : Notification No 22/2017 Central Tax dated 17th Aug 2017
- CGST Seventh Amendment Rules 2017 : Notification No 34/2017 Central Tax dated 15th September, 2017
- CGST Eighth Amendment Rules 2017 : Notification No. 36/2017 Central Tax dated 29th September, 2017
- CGST Ninth Amendment Rules 2017 : vide Notification No 45/2017 Central Tax dated 13th October, 2017
- CGST Tenth Amendment Rules 2017 vide Notification No 48/2017 Central Tax Dated 18th October, 2017
- CGST Twelfth Amendment Rules 2017 vide Notification No 55/2017 Central Tax Dated 15th November 2017
- CGST Thirteenth Amendment Rules 2017 vide Notification No 67/2017 Central Tax dated 21st December, 2017
- CGST Fourteenth Amendment Rules,2017 vide Notification No 75/2017 Central Tax Dated 29th December, 2017
If you have any comments about Section 164 of CGST Act 2017 , share below your thoughts:
Related Book on GST Act